due an upgrade android only £550

emu

emu

Associate
hi with so many phones on the market im due to spend 550 next month on an android handset.Phones i have looked at so far

htc u11 ultra
mate 10 pro

anything else i should be looking at? camera,battery life and audio output are important

thanks

Soldato
I've just sold my Mate 10 Pro.

Absolutely everything about it is superb except for one crippling aspect for me that nobody talks about which was that the controls (Play / Pause / Skip Track) on any Bluetooth device don't work, tried it in both my cars, on 4 different headsets, soundbar and TV. Other than that I would heartily recommend it, the build quality, battery life, camera, speed and responsive is absolutely brilliant.

Associate
it works just fine on my mate 10 pro, i use it with bluetooth headphones and it will play/pause skip fwd and back all from the headphone controls.

i may try it in the car later and report back.

Soldato
Yeah me too which was why it was a show stopper for me. Can't believe that none of the reviews etc even mention it.
I actually sent my 1st handset back as faulty and got a new one in return but it was exactly the same.

Do you not think that given you've had somewhat unique bluetooth issues with both the S8 and mate the Mate 10 pro that maybe it isn't or isn't just the phones that are the problem?

emu

emu

Associate
OP
would the lg g6 still be a good choice? i can pick one up very cheap

now im also adding the lgv20 and lg v30 to the list . looking at the lgv30 because of the audio performance

Soldato
Do you not think that given you've had somewhat unique bluetooth issues with both the S8 and mate the Mate 10 pro that maybe it isn't or isn't just the phones that are the problem?

Got a Note 8 now and everything is fine, the S8 is actually my works handset and they replaced it and everything is fine on that too now.

All of my hardware works perfectly as it should, had no issues with the Mate other than the controls.

Associate
would the lg g6 still be a good choice? i can pick one up very cheap

now im also adding the lgv20 and lg v30 to the list . looking at the lgv30 because of the audio performance

V30 all the way, just make sure you check the screen immediately, there are a lot of panels out there much worse than what can be seen on the Pixel 2 XL.

Permabanned
hi with so many phones on the market im due to spend 550 next month on an android handset.Phones i have looked at so far

htc u11 ultra
mate 10 pro

anything else i should be looking at? camera,battery life and audio output are important

thanks

You may not know it but there are now deals to be had on the Pixel 2 XL, Google's flagship phone, which originally launched 5 or 6 months ago at £ 799 for 64 gb and which is now in your price range. I am delighted with my Pixel 2 XL, the top of the line camera, the excellent battery and audio output (although I usually listen via Google Pixel Buds), the immediate system and security updates, the original Google Lens feature, etc.

This recent article from Android Authority has the phone on a 12 month SIM only deal at £ 529. Check it out.

https://www.androidauthority.com/deal-google-pixel-2-xl-carphone-warehouse-845931/

Soldato
I've just got a Mate 10 Pro. The phone itself is excellent. Looks very nice, has incredible battery life. The camera is supposed to be excellent but I haven't had much chance to use it due to this crap weather. My only real issue is the software. I much prefer stock Android.

Back
Top Bottom