Lost my 8 week old - Brain Tumor

Transmission breaker
Don
Sub 25 is a good time for a new runner. Don't push too hard though as you may hurt yourself.
Sub 20 is not to be sniffed at, it is a fast pace, I am an occasional 22:30 5k runner. From 25 to sub 23 is quite easy with bi-weekly runs.
The issue is if you do too much from doing nothing is you will injure yourself, especially if you are not a frequent runner at the moment.
If you want to get faster, build up the weekly miles and then slowly increase the pace with intervals :)

Good luck with the run and I wish you every success going forward!

Soldato
OP
Sub 25 is a good time for a new runner. Don't push too hard though as you may hurt yourself.
Sub 20 is not to be sniffed at, it is a fast pace, I am an occasional 22:30 5k runner. From 25 to sub 23 is quite easy with bi-weekly runs.
The issue is if you do too much from doing nothing is you will injure yourself, especially if you are not a frequent runner at the moment.
If you want to get faster, build up the weekly miles and then slowly increase the pace with intervals :)

Good luck with the run and I wish you every success going forward!

I don't intend on over doing it, so long as i manage to finish the 5k knowing i've given it all i've got i will be more than happy :)

Soldato
I know it's a bit late but my condolences, I cannot begin to comprehend what you and your wife are/ have gone/going through.

Stay strong :)

Good luck with the 5k! Need to get my arse back in gear!

Soldato
Congratulations on the news, Ivy will never be replaced but this should hopefully add some cheer to your lives. I donated twice before and wish you the best of luck with your run

Soldato
OP
Just donated. Good luck with everything.

Thank you :)

I know it's a bit late but my condolences, I cannot begin to comprehend what you and your wife are/ have gone/going through.

Stay strong :)

Good luck with the 5k! Need to get my arse back in gear!

If i can start running, im sure anyone can! Haha

Congratulations on the news, Ivy will never be replaced but this should hopefully add some cheer to your lives. I donated twice before and wish you the best of luck with your run

I hope so...just so terrified at the minute that something is still going to go wrong :(

Soldato
We had twins in March, my first children in the past i would have read this and thought oh how sad,

However your post has got me big time very choked up to say the least i cant even begin to imagine that situation it must have been and still is just terribly sad.

My thoughts are with you

We had our twins just before you had yours. I'm in the same boat too. Read this again in work and choked up. Brutally difficult to find any words....

EDIT - Just read the last page and that's great news OP. I hope and pray this little one helps heal a hole you have in your life. New baby won't replace Ivy but can help you heal. Glad Karma has given you hope again.

Soldato
OP
Just an update on the training :)

Just managed 3.85 miles in 49 minutes with very little walking recovery time...i can't believe im really going to be able to do this!

We have found out we are having a little girl as well, which has brought mixed emotions, but on the bright side...means i dont have to decorate lol

Soldato
Just an update on the training :)

Just managed 3.85 miles in 49 minutes with very little walking recovery time...i can't believe im really going to be able to do this!

We have found out we are having a little girl as well, which has brought mixed emotions, but on the bright side...means i dont have to decorate lol

Best of luck x 2 :D

Soldato
OP
Another quick update on the training for the people that had ever so kindly donated money towards me running the 5K...well today i managed to get 5k in under 30 minutes for the first time! :D Have started going to the gym, cut out drink, and am eating a proper gym diet, i've been so determined and the running and gym have helped me vent my anger / frustration / depression / anxiety so much, a bad day at work generally means me lifting more / running quicker...probably not the best of motivators, but its working at the minute.

Was very lightheaded when i finished, and felt like i really pushed myself, but in just under 3 months ive managed to go from my fiest "run" or 2 miles in nearly 40 minutes, to 3.1 in under 30!

Absolutely chuffed with myself :D

Doctor also feels that once our expected daughter gets past the age that Ivy lived too, we are going to look at taking my doseage of Sertraline down, and hopefully in a years time or so, will be off them completely :)

34598174_10160487422335565_9078072880914235392_o.jpg

Back
Top Bottom