4k laptop

Man of Honour
im looking at 4k laptops around upto 700 mark (second hand)
but cant have barrel power, connectors and want 4k glass screen.
all I can see that fits that is the lenovo y50-70 around £500 i7 4710HQ & 860m
seems to be well liked for a budget laptop.

however only a 48hz screen, how will 4k60fps on youtube look will it look odd with the mismatch of refresh rate, or will it be fine. I'm also assuming that will be more than powerful enough to play such videos, both cpu and gpu beat the power of my desktop by some way i7-920 and gtx280.

there's quite a few with 960m but only barrel power connectors which I just destroy. Is there any others about that might fit the bill? or is lenovo essentially the only ones with decent power connectors.

Man of Honour
OP
See if you can find an owner and ask if the screen will overclock to 60Hz in Nvidia control panel.
didnt even know that was a thing, after reading several forums, the conclusion is no it cant be done.
however, i don't know if this would even be an issue for me.

Man of Honour
OP
damn it i can't decide, dont really want to spend the money. But the current one is absolutely shagged.
pretty sure the leads to the screen are frayed, bluetooth is dodgy, audio jack is dodgy, case is electrified, crashes often and is much slower than it should be and reinstallidoesn'tnt fix that, its obviusly got big issues internally.

found a 4k lenovo y700 but in America with all fees is 700 delivers and then another £20 to buy a uk charger. but its 960m and 60hz screen.

does no one know how 48hz screen deals with 60fps youtube videos?

Permabanned
This is a great notebook, to be honest - just thinking, isn't it possible to build bezelless notebooks already?

does no one know how 48hz screen deals with 60fps youtube videos?

The YouTube videos are probably going with 24-30 FPS.
But if they go with 60 FPS, you won't notice anything wrong with how the video content looks on the screen,.

Back
Top Bottom