• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

GPU PRICES: SOME BIG DROPS AT OcUK!!!

OcUK Staff
OP
Wow, saw Sapphire's RX 570 Pulse ITX dropped to £289.99 yesterday, so I ordered.

Today I checked and it's even cheaper, 10% off, if only I'd waited a day. :(

We look after our customers, particular our forum members, drop a post in CS section and they shall sort you a refund for the difference. :)

Associate
Is it stupid to buy memory and an ssd and then sit on it for a year? Not too sure I'll be able to afford a whole PC for a while but these prices seem great.

Associate
Is it stupid to buy memory and an ssd and then sit on it for a year? Not too sure I'll be able to afford a whole PC for a while but these prices seem great.

If you can't use them to at least see if they work or not yet. Buying and sitting on them would be silly as if there's something wrong and you find out a year or more after, there's no warranty or anything to help recover it. So wasted money at that point.

OcUK Staff
OP

Yes because that is kind of gambling, next year prices could be half, double or the same. But if they halfed you'd be gutted, where is they double you'd be happy but I seriously doubt prices will go much higher, as to be frank prices are already way to high, if they keep pushing higher it won't be good long term at all.

If you can't make use of kit you buy now, then simply do not buy now, put the money into savings and wait. :)

Associate
That's right...my current PC is a relic so they'd just be sitting unopened.

Unless there's a warranty period within you will guarantee yourself a new setup to test and use them (so if issues can warranty them within period then), probably better to sit it out. And of course what Gibbo said too. Price fluctuation is rather tidal at the moment. Could be better, could be worse next time you buy and might just waste the funds.

Back
Top Bottom