Personal use ITX project - Higher quality 3D Models

Soldato
Almost finished personal rig which at the time, I thought this is going to be awesome. And actually assembled on the day of the birth of my second child since they were in over night and 1st was asleep ... Then I found out sharp acrylic , almost 100% transparent , open fan placement Parvum Cases don't mix with toddlers...
Actually got hard line done an need to take a snap but
Right couldn't find a decent one with mobile imgur but this is my point
uANnaPh.jpg

Got an ITX board and torn between Slick, sexy looking and a bit different with GOU having its own AIO and 8700k on air

Jonsbo VR1 RED
R4m15GF.png
qMAoNEE.png
Alphacool Eiswolf for the Aorus card .. measuring up, can fit a 120mm/30mm rad with Silent Wing 3 fan which should keep it cooler and quieter then stock cooler. Plus it's triple slot so wouldn't fit in !
1hZs6EU.jpg

To keep the CPU cool, DRP3 and ram change from 4x8GB Corsair 3600hz dominator to 8 pack ram as it's lower profile for either option

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £295.48 (includes shipping: £10.50)

Or play is safe style wise and cram in as much water gear into a Fractal Design Nano case.
Got a Eisbaer pump/cpu unit, keep the current waterblock on the Aorus and slap in a 280mm/30mm at the front and strip the Pro 45XT to get the 240/45mm for the top of the case ....

Been racking my head over switch way to swing ... Thinking of the Nano S had tempered glass, might of swung it, then again the Jonsbo is almost black !

Looked at the Ghost S1 but can't grab one till April ;(

What would people go for ?

Last edited:
Associate
I've never built a mini-ITX system, but I've been sorely tempted to a few times (mainly on the basis that it would be easier to sneak a new machine into the house, past my wife, if it were small) which often then draws me into spec'ing something up.

Last time I did the fantasy mini-ITX build (which was a little while ago now) the case that stood out for me was the Corsair 380T:
tcRvZSq.jpg
Tons of potential for creating a showcase system given how exposed the internals are - should be very doable to get a custom loop in there.

Soldato
OP
@JayGee will have to take a look .

Did shoot Parvum a message, seen all these shoebox designs and the Kolink rocket which address some issues of slightly bigger area for CPU and price- but you can tell they were all designed before coffeelake was a rumor and Vega customs being triple slot giants or some gtx 1080ti Beng 350mm long !

Soldato
OP
well, gave up on finding an ITX case that can handle 2x AIO or 2.5/3 slot GPU when on air so settled for Phanteks Evolv TG mATX case

B CODE
My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £500.72 (includes shipping: £0.00)​

got the SE 240 at home long with fans and Gigabyte z370n ITX board.

360 will be used with alphacool eisbaer and Aorus GTX 1080 will move to an Eiswolf AIO block and linked to the 240.

Soldato
OP
Must admit, build quality of the Evolv is stunning!
looking at getting the top panel cut - nothing to fancy or to much due to toddlers and cats :(

AIO loop is temp for the time being. need to see how fitting of 240 SE goes in at the top

450b0Wn.jpg

Normally go with Alphacool rads but needed ever mm ! can get away with Halo RGB cover on cards 280mm long but with Aorus card , needs to come off and would be a nice squeeze

7C1gRb3.jpg

rough idea for top cover, just mirroring the top slits - should allow more airflow out whilst not being to far fetched or open

yqQX12F.jpg

Associate
Following thread as I've just invested in this particular case myself.

I'm not sure about the vents at the top, this would be down to personal taste but I wanted to go for a more discreet look and I think as it is just works nicely.

Soldato
OP
Following thread as I've just invested in this particular case myself.

I'm not sure about the vents at the top, this would be down to personal taste but I wanted to go for a more discreet look and I think as it is just works nicely.

true, was going to go with GOSUMODZ to cut the case as they have just finished the mATX cutting rig the weekend just gone .

saw this patter , which follows the cuts but uses large open slots but might have in thinner cuts like so

nW3k1cY.jpg

you planning to watercool or air ? Seems front is better designed then ATX/ITX versions but still the front could be bought out 5mm or so to make flush with side panels. Know this trick is done with ATX version but needs 13mm washer as it isnt as extruded as the mATX TG version

pulled set of Corsair dominator rams from sponsored build to chuck in, matches the case and board well :)

sSG1F4m.jpg

1w3ahBi.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
I think personally I'm going to fit an NZXT X62 CPU cooler (if it fits) and get a load of those Corsair RGB case fans, don't think it will be everyones cup of tea but I'm liking that look.

It's a case I'm a huge fan of so figured I'd pick it up to make a start on my build, I'll figure it out when I've got it.

Soldato
OP
I think personally I'm going to fit an NZXT X62 CPU cooler (if it fits) and get a load of those Corsair RGB case fans, don't think it will be everyones cup of tea but I'm liking that look.

It's a case I'm a huge fan of so figured I'd pick it up to make a start on my build, I'll figure it out when I've got it.

NZXT is 30mm thick compared to the 26mm EKWB SE i've used, but adding on the Phanteks Halo brings it could to roughly the same thickness which handles Gigabyte GTX 1070Ti 8G which is 280mm long, your GTX 1080FE is 272mm if i recall so should be fine at the front.

AIO will be fine at the top regardless of GPU length :)

Soldato
OP
and system doesn't leak! although i'll need to flip around the 360 with ports at the bottom to fit 240 at the top for GPU AIO =/
was in a bit of a rush and forgot to flip it - least 1070ti is on air until i can swap over the 1080 11gbps

also forgot to install the other 2 Halos... damn it

ZLRU4wP.jpg

really wish phanteks did the halo's in other colours to match their silver/gunmetal/green and white cases though

3SguIDa.jpg

havent been on my system in a while... HWMonitor verison only picks up 6 cores/ 6 threads ....

Soldato
OP
Playing around quickly with overclocks - need to spend more time on voltage and LLC

0spx6Wn.jpg

88c max running Real Bench- can see why its highly recommend to de-lid this chip if your on the hunt for 5ghz and over !
Air flow doesn't feel to bad with Phanteks TG mATX over the ATX version but will still add 5mm washers to push out the front panel to be inline with the side edges, ATX needs 13mm to do this

Wishing I could have ST30 360 or Black Ice 360 installed but need the mm the EK offers :(

The cooling performance of the SE isn't the best but cant be changed so Probably swap out the eisbaer unit for its replacement in the future. GPM is 0.3 with this unit, ideally would like 0.5-1. wouldn't make a huge difference as airflow is the first priority with the Silent Wings being of the best, limited in options

Soldato
OP
quite liking and not liking the 8700k - i've got a nice little chip but damn it needs cooling!

really really love the Ghost S1 case! but would be something like £300+ to get top had to accept 45mm thick 240 rads at top and bottom for CPU/GPU . Been in contact with them but found flaws which they aren;t going to change for a while, key being - 2.5/3 slot coolers such as Aorus/Strix and Zotac AMP Extreme . The height for Air coolers is to short so cant handle 8700k chips without delid and then forced to go SFX .

solution- as a friend to 3D print a clone but to allow 280 AIO/rads to be used in top and bottom hat. to allow ATX PSU like Seasonic Focus 150x140x86mm to be used giving 84mm clearance for an air cooler, and then allow triple slot coolers up to 320mm to fit in the other side :D

im not very clued up on 3d printing but friend advised going 3 parts for the spine/edges unlike Ghost 1 solid piece. something of if theres a print area don't have to redo the whole thing

Soldato
OP
Spent some free time in work to quickly mock up a CAD render of the clone case, almost accurate for dimensions but need to do cut outs and the spine will be in 3 pieces, not one like the Ghost S1.
280/30mm rads in the top and bottom! 140mm long ATX PSU like Seasonic Focus units! and triple slot GPU clearance I think up to 310mm
Looks like clearance height for 80mm CPU cooler, seems a lot of show box designs were made/designed before coffeelake was on the table

Hopefully over come all the short falls of Shoe Box ITX cases I cant use :D

dIwoZn9.jpg

e0xXfL6.jpg

izsCClv.jpg

0iRkJ2E.jpg

5FwsbcS.jpg

LxqyZtR.jpg

updated cut out top and bottom :)

keSDh9y.jpg

2iE6cAr.jpg

SFX-L Vs ATX PSU

IrdJ79e.jpg

33w7T7x.jpg

IYksAY8.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Got around to making/importing Better CAD models - couldn't find a 30mm 280 rad but did find an Alphacool UT60 280! wouldn't need a top hat with that bad boy in!

kchpjJi.jpg

jMzc8yX.jpg

ibpV2yh.jpg

See the layout between SFX and ATX PSU

1OgdIYA.jpg

YVHpQSe.jpg

W6XMM8k.jpg

vk7JZNj.jpg

GE2vOGF.jpg

and bequiet 140 fans attached

SxWY3ZQ.jpg

c5SL2Ej.jpg

HsOLLP5.jpg

will have to work on redner quality but send off CAD file to my friend, work PC is just to poor

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom