**** The Official Chinese Phones Thread ****

Soldato
When I've bought stuff from them with the free delivery it seemed like they sent things over en-mass and then shipped them out to individual addresses once they hit the UK so Customs were not an issue. Normally took a week to actually ship (probably filling up a shipment with multiple orders) and then 10 days or so to get to me.

Soldato
Can anyone with a Xiaomi Redmi 5A confirm that it takes a nano sim card? I've seen references to both nano and micro and I'm about to order a new sim for the wife (we pay €10 each for them here...)

Turns out this phone has been returned to China as it was undeliverable, so I asked for a refund.

Still looking for a 5" or smaller phone up to £100 for my wife, any recommendations?

Soldato
Turns out this phone has been returned to China as it was undeliverable, so I asked for a refund.

Still looking for a 5" or smaller phone up to £100 for my wife, any recommendations?

I've just received an Umidigi C Note 2.

Comes with 4GB/64GB RAM, Android 7, Gorilla Glass 4, LED notification light, support for up to 256GB SD, 4000Mah battery, Sharp IPS 1920x1080 5.5 screen, Octa core CPU.

I initially thought 5.5 would be too big, but I'm finding it really nice, makes it useable for comfortable browsing.

Runs really well, great build quality, comes with silicon case and screen protector (there's already a factory fitted one)...the price for all this goodness?

£84 all in.

Seriously amazed at what you can get for this kind of money.

Soldato

Comes with 4GB/64GB RAM, Android 7, Gorilla Glass 4, LED notification light, support for up to 256GB SD, 4000Mah battery, Sharp IPS 1920x1080 5.5 screen, Octa core CPU.

I initially thought 5.5 would be too big, but I'm finding it really nice, makes it useable for comfortable browsing.

Runs really well, great build quality, comes with silicon case and screen protector (there's already a factory fitted one)...the price for all this goodness?

£84 all in.

Looks pretty good, thanks!

maj

maj

Soldato
For anyone using Lineage, how do you import a contact when sent via a text message? Whenever I click on it, my sms messenger app just crashes.

Soldato
Thinking of getting this phone for £169, anyone got one?

Xiaomi Mi Max 2 6.44 Inch 5300mAh Smartphone FHD 4GB 64GB

What's meant by official global version as opposed to global rom?

Soldato
Official global version means it is made for the international market, were as global rom means it's a phone that has usually been flashed with the global rom to work else were,with google play store etc.

Soldato
i got one delivered three days ago to replace a note 3 and this dwarfs it lol
i do like it though as it's great for media consumption, it is a niche product tbh..
as above check out reviews to see if it's for you.

Soldato
I was going to buy a 7" Tablet, to replace a Nexus 7, but this would only be slightly smaller and I'm guessing far more useful. Better camera and battery than many 7" tablets.

Got one of those Three data Sims with 200mb a month free and I was planning on putting that in.

Soldato

£84 all in.

Be careful with OTA updates from Umidigi .... having had a phone from them in the past it was ok to begin with but had a few issues with fairly mainstream apps crashing but then they released an update which made the fingerprint reader unusable and never really fixed it again in future updates ...

Soldato
Be careful with OTA updates from Umidigi .... having had a phone from them in the past it was ok to begin with but had a few issues with fairly mainstream apps crashing but then they released an update which made the fingerprint reader unusable and never really fixed it again in future updates ...

Thanks for the heads up.

I'll be going down the custom rom route anyway, to get rid of the usual bloatware that comes with these phones.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom