Sea of Thieves - released March 20th

Associate
I spent a few hours on this last night, had issues to start with as i could not use my weapons once i step on the ship, had to move the game from external to internal and it worked fine then.

My self and my crew did a few chest quests and skeleton quests, plus a quest for chickens, we also found some sunken treasure which gave pretty good coin, but to top off the fun we were a man down as he crashed and couldn't re join and the Kraken appeared, it can happen any where, the sea will turn dark and the ship stops, then you fight it's tentacles, We won which was awesome, and carried on with the quest we had active.

the servers went down last night and it stopped people joining

Soldato
the servers went down last night and it stopped people joining

They did yeah, was a bit quiet on the seas, About 10 mins after he gave up trying they were working ok again, I'm hoping that my achievements pop for all the stuff i did as they were also bugged out.

Associate
it was buggy as hell last night , my lad was playing solo and i was "helping" !!! we went to see the merchants ,but couldn't get the maps up :(

Caporegime
Just logged on for the first time and had a sail around, completed a couple of quests and forgot to anchor my ship so it sailed off :p

Quite a lot of fun, definitely feels like you need a group to make the best of it though.

Associate
I jumped in with some ransoms earlier and if you have a good captain it really is smooth sailing.

And I’ll say it again this game is freaking stunning to look at especially at sea.

HeX

HeX

Soldato
Had a party of 4 mates playing last night, spent a couple of hours running about and catching chickens, then spotted a couple of scurvy dogs on a small boat, we made chase and hunted them around several islands taking pot shots with the cannons before they stopped and prepared to fight. As we pulled up along side and boarded we finished off their crew and laid claim to their vessel. Only to have one of our party raise their anchor, not realizing their sails were fully deployed... the ship sped off like a rocket straight into the side of our galleon scuttling both vessels and leaving us in the middle of the ocean shipless :D

Associate
I think the social calamities and successes like the above is what will make this game amazing. Nice story :D

And even if this game is currently lacking in some areas I bet big things are coming. Look how much games like Division changed from launch to now.

I like it a lot! It’s just fun and isn’t that what it’s all about.

HeX

HeX

Soldato
Well last night we jumped on again, determined to actually make some progress this time. We picked up a starter voyage to go get a couple of skulls from an island about 2 minutes away. 30 seconds after setting sail we're hit by a storm, compass goes wild, the ship is being thrown all over, hull takes serious damage and it's all hands to the planks and buckets. We emerge from the other side of the storm miles away from where we were intending to go, so we begin to come about... then the French appeared... over voice comms we hear their mocking French accents and all hell breaks loose. We spent the next hour and a half locked in battle with the French galleon as we circled islands, tried to use Pirate fortresses as covering fire, weaved between rock formations for cover and sneak attacks. Eventually we both ran out of supplies and made for the nearest outpost and both crews came to blows as we tried to plunder as many cannonballs, planks and bananas as quickly as possible. We made it back to our ship first and let rip with a huge volley of cannon fire and made our escape towards the tiny island we originally set sail for some 2 hrs+ ago. We found our skeleton adversary, finished them off and turned to head back to the ship to claim our rewards. Then the ship exploded. Once again the mocking French laughs were heard as we watched their galleon sail off into the sunset. But at least we got a skull.

Permabanned
me and my party spent 5 horus sailing, built up over 22 gold chests, sold them and no money was rewarded, not sure whether it was delayed but yeah in a crew of 4 who know what youre doing (not including me in that) it's pretty fun!

P.S If one of you were solo yesterday and had 3 chests and 2 chickens, sorry we sank ya!!

Associate
The lad and i did a couple of challenges last night , we killed a skeleton pirate boss (where we meant to pick something up , we killed him and then just sailed off ) , and then picked up a couple of white chickens , took them back to the outpost specified gave them to the lady , she gave us cash . the cash showed for ten seconds then vanished ?

Caporegime
I quite enjoy leading the ganker galleons on a wild goose chase in this game when playing solo, basically set the sloop up for maximum speed with a bit of angle to keep going around in circles and bail out near an island when you're still far enough away for them not to see you. Then watch in glee as they waste time trying to sink your empty ship :)

Associate
oh ,bless him he, he said he didn't want to do the missions tonight , but instead just sink some boats and pinch the treasure !!!!:(

Back
Top Bottom