My Hire Car

Soldato
I required a car with four seats over the weekend. So contacted my local Enterprise to see what they could give me.

On offer was a new shape diesel Vauxhall Insignia. For a little under £90.00 for two days.

vBjDwRS.jpg

This was the first vauxhall that I had driven since my 2008 Corsa. Since then I have been a passenger in a handful of Vectras and first gen Insignias.

I wasn't really impressed with the last insignia I sat in. The dash looked terrible and was covered in buttons. So when it was confirmed that i would have a new one for a couple days. I didn't really expect much.

ZQ0KA12.jpg

Now I haven't been in today's latest C Class, A4 or similar. So I can only compare this to the last Insignia.

In short. I was pleasantly surprised. Not only with the interior and it's layout, but the infotainment system too. No, it didn't look as good as BMWs idrive system. But worked extremely well!

Oh and the ride comfort.... I'll just say. It's been a long time since I sat in a car with soft dampers. I loved every second of it....

NVP

NVP

Soldato
I had the same from enterprise a few weeks ago, being a BMW man I too wasn't expecting much but I was pleasantly surprised how nice it was. Manual gearbox was nice too. Seeing out of it was a bit poor though, almost like a coupè. They have improved quite a bit since the first gen.

Associate
Had a Vauxhall mokka x recently and it was the biggest pile of rubbish i've driven - went in thinking 'there aren't really bad cars any more' and came out with a total and utter loathing for the damn thing :(
My workplace recently got Mokkas for pool cars, after a few years with the old Astras. I never thought I'd say "I wish I was in the Astra instead" but after driving one I did. Horrible cars:mad::(.

NVP

NVP

Soldato
Is that really an excessive amount of buttons? Cruise control, telephone and then media controls. Pretty standard these days for them to be on the wheel.

Associate
Is that really an excessive amount of buttons? Cruise control, telephone and then media controls. Pretty standard these days for them to be on the wheel.
im used to fewer i guess, not my car but same design, prefer the cruise on a stalk.

2016-audi-s5-2-door-coupe-auto-premium-plus-steering-wheel_100515127_l.jpg

Soldato
It’s a very nice looking car the new Insignia especially in black or white with decent alloys on. Although I absolutely loathe the fact they put Turbo or Turbo D in big letters on every bloody car :mad: is there really any need considering nearly every diesel has a Turbo and most newish pertrol engines do to. It’s like a half hearted attempt at making it look sporty or powerful.
There is a Vauxhall dealership by where I work and pretty much every day I go past there’s either a recovery truck dropping a broken down newish motor off to be fixed or an AA/RAC van there doing something to the cars on the forecourt lol.

Soldato
OP
loads of buttons! i guess they had to relocate some from the back to accommodate paddles on some of the models?

Compared to my current car - the Mini.... Which has no buttons. Yes it is a tad excessive!

But in the grand scheme of things. I didn't think there were that many buttons on the wheel.

Back
Top Bottom