Ant McPartlin

Permabanned
Zero sympathy from me, I despise these 'celebrities' who have it all and then turn completely self destructive. I keep my sympathy for the people he hit, who even though not injured, will quite possibly have to pay more on their insurance for the next five years for a non fault accident.
I would not be at all surprised if he is found dead in a pool of vomit sometime in the next few years.
And yeah, the 'rehab' trick when caught out...

How do you know he had it all ? Are you one of those people who think wealth and a successful career automatically equate to happiness ?

I can't stand people who go on about 'celebrities' as if they are some kind of different breed to everyone else, putting wealth aside they suffer from the same issues everyone else does...

Associate
People have sympathy for him because he's that cheeky chappie off the telly who makes them laugh on a Saturday night. In reality he's a 42 year old man who got in a car drunk when he had absolutely no reason to do so and could have quite easily killed somebody or maimed them for life.
Also what was his mum doing in the car with him? White trash council estate stuff. Drug addict and alcoholic going for a nice Sunday drive with his mum while smashed.

Seriously though how crap is his family? Does he not have minders or assistants helping him stay out of trouble? Or is this one of those mother knows best kinda things?

Associate
I've got a lot of sympathy for him. He became famous at a very young age and has grown up in the media spotlight...

Celebrity or not, the guy's a reckless ****.

I hope it never happens, but tell me if you have any sympathy for the drunk that knocks down a loved one.

Trust me you won't.

Caporegime
Not sure if tongue in cheek or not.
Money cant buy a cure for mental health probems... if anything history and celeb culture shows the exact opposite.

/Salsa
Well it is and its not. A person with money has access to the best help in the world. A person like you or me has nothing. There comes the Boo Hoo part.

Soldato
How do you know he had it all ? Are you one of those people who think wealth and a successful career automatically equate to happiness ?

I can't stand people who go on about 'celebrities' as if they are some kind of different breed to everyone else, putting wealth aside they suffer from the same issues everyone else does...

But 'celebrities' also have people around them who are paid to advise them, and why didn't the people with him say something before he got into a car all ****** up? I mean, the tool even has a driver for ***** sake.

Man of Honour
Drink and drugs - who would do such a thing?!

Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee \o/

But seriously - I do have sympathy. No excuse for drink and driving and he must have been pretty hooned to have been caught. Not saying that it’s OK to drive when being tipsy of course.

That said, I wonder how many people drive on 2 pints or more. I don’t... but...?

Permabanned

Um generally money is the route of all problem for joe public, so what problems does he have to endure like the rest of us? Now they'll be the stress etc from being in the limelight, but that's not us, and too bad, because that comes with the pay packet.

Secondly, people talk about "celebrities" in that way because they can. This guy in on national TV, a face to millions and then decides to go drink driving, causes an accident and plays then good guy card 'ok rehab time'. He has a duty of responsibility which he has failed, hence why he's been axed.

Also not his first vehicular accident, there have been a couple of others running up to this. Guy is a tool and should have sought help instead of putting people's lives at risk.

Soldato
Drink and drugs - who would do such a thing?!

Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee \o/

But seriously - I do have sympathy. No excuse for drink and driving and he must have been pretty hooned to have been caught. Not saying that it’s OK to drive when being tipsy of course.

That said, I wonder how many people drive on 2 pints or more. I don’t... but...?

It will be interesting if they release the results at any point, to see if he was "had a couple of pints, I feel fine" drunk, or "boshed half a bottle of gin, i'm invincible" drunk. As you say, I suspect a great many people are guilty of drink driving without even realising it, especially the morning after.

Soldato
I sympathise because I've witnessed the effects of stress / depression / alcoholism and it can make even the most level headed people do regrettable things.

Obviously I am not advocating drink driving but break downs of marriages, stresses of work (bare in mind the schedule ant and Dec work on) and battling an addiction to pain killers can cause a lot of behavioural issues.

Soldato
People rant about wealth and fame influencing punishment but even for us common folk the justice system often makes more lenient decisions in cases like this.

I have a friend who drove when he was leathered after a night clubbing and once his employer had written a case about how important driving is to his future career prospects he got stung with a fine and no real major punishment.

The whole throw the book at him kind of approach is a bit unrealistic really.

Soldato
I have sympathy for him and his problems. I like the guy.

BUT drink driving is a no-no. A car license and car is a privilege, not a right. If it had been Joe Bloggs in the street he'd have been in prison now....

I hope he can fight his demons but everyone has their demons - most demons don't kill people. He could have quite easily.

He has people around him that love him. Why did they let him drive?

Back
Top Bottom