LG OLED55B7V price hikes everywhere??

Caporegime
No they don't, but it's in the pipeline... Shame they're pricing themselves out the market though when the likes of Netflix and Amazon give HDR and UHD at a much lower price. The top package on Netflix is just £10/pm and no fixed contract.

https://www.whathifi.com/news/sky-q-to-get-hdr-update-double-4k-offering-and-spotify

Yup netfix is great, activated my free trial a few weeks ago and dolby vision is superb.

Although I only use it for netflix exclusive shows as the quality for the rest of the stuff is still generally not as good as other sources, be that amazon, blu ray etc.

Soldato
OP
I see AO have a 10% offer that ends today on ebay which includes the 55B7V. Since I've been burned by that other company thought I'd check if AO are okay (having read some of the replies in this thread, I'm thinking in case it has to go back because of issues etc?)

Had this reply for live chat, is this how others have been able to return faulty tv's by confirming it with LG before you are able to return it to the place you bought it from??

• We would be more than happy to return an item within 30 days providing it hasn't been connected or used at all. If this arrives damaged, of course, we'll get that replaced. If there is a fault with the machine, if reported within 30 days we just ask to confirm the fault with the manufacturers and then we can return it.
  • 3:14:40 p.m.
    However, we don't intend on sending out poor quality or faulty units and wouldn't sell anything that wasn't trusted.

Last edited:
Soldato
Just picked up the B7 from Richer Sounds, I did go in for the Sony 55xe9503 but they miss took the one in stock which was actually the 55xe9003 and offered me a great deal on the B7 as I had traveled a long way to pick up the tv.

I'm so glad they did, this TV is stunning I can't get over the PQ. Still messing with the settings on it and wondering if there is any online guides to get the most out of it.

Soldato
Just picked up the B7 from Richer Sounds, I did go in for the Sony 55xe9503 but they miss took the one in stock which was actually the 55xe9003 and offered me a great deal on the B7 as I had traveled a long way to pick up the tv.

I'm so glad they did, this TV is stunning I can't get over the PQ. Still messing with the settings on it and wondering if there is any online guides to get the most out of it.
What price did they offer?

Soldato
What price did they offer?

I managed to get a returned open box model that had the cello tape broken on it the remote haven't even been taken out and the TV was still sealed packaging hadn't been touched apparently the guy got it home realised it was too big then brought it back to the store. They gave me £200 off, I know it's not the £1,500 that they were previously but I got it for £1,600 I tried to price match the lowest I could find online at £1,590 but the site only offered 1 year warranty and RS gave me the full 6 so wouldn't match it.

Forgot to mention I also had an £800 credit on my old tv to use in store due to a faulty tv I had which had been back to Sony a number of times.

Caporegime

Despite owning mine for 3-4 months now, I am still wowed every time I watch something. Been watching a lot of UHD movies lately and they just look stunning. Loving re-playing certain games @ 120HZ on OLED too, still no sign of burn in or temporary image retention either.

@MatsyLR

Did you keep your one in the end then?

Soldato
Did you keep your one in the end then?
Yes, the tint is not noticeable unless I'm on a 99% white background and even then its very faint and I need to look at it directly.
Would rather keep the stellar picture and live it rather than try the lottery again and getting a worse one.
Still think its alittle wrong there are flaws on £1k+ sets but :/

Soldato
Yes, the tint is not noticeable unless I'm on a 99% white background and even then its very faint and I need to look at it directly.
Would rather keep the stellar picture and live it rather than try the lottery again and getting a worse one.
Still think its alittle wrong there are flaws on £1k+ sets but :/

I haven't noticed any flaws with mine as yet mind you it's only been 4 days also I'm not going to go looking for them either. I fired up the Martian last night uhd blu ray and it looked stunning with HDR on.

Soldato
OP
Well I'm still waiting for the right moment to hit that order button, I missed an Amazon price drop which was live for several hours I believe @ 1550 or something. Oh well, it can't be long until the 2018 models start popping up online, since the B7 was originally released March 27th 2017! I was tempted by one of the Super UHD sets instead, but I have my heart set on this OLED, never had a decent TV and the PQ on the B7 I saw in the flesh was stunning! The TV is the last thing on the list since my room has been remodelled - I've got an Apple TV, XBOX-X, Virgin Tivo and the SJ9 sound-bar all waiting to be connected to this TV! Come on price drops...where are you!!!

Soldato
I'd be really careful if you've set your heart on an OLED and them going out of stock. Historically prices drop before the new models hit, but with people still wanting the B7/C7 and it selling as well as it does, there truly is a good chance it'll OOS before it drops that much further.
The 2018 models are gonna launch around £1k higher, so if you miss the 2017 models you'll be looking at November before the 2018 models take their first price drop.

Soldato
OP
I'd be really careful if you've set your heart on an OLED and them going out of stock. Historically prices drop before the new models hit, but with people still wanting the B7/C7 and it selling as well as it does, there truly is a good chance it'll OOS before it drops that much further.
The 2018 models are gonna launch around £1k higher, so if you miss the 2017 models you'll be looking at November before the 2018 models take their first price drop.

Uh-oh, well I best keep a close eye on them then over next few weeks...it's annoying though how I'd see the same price (1499) for a good 5/6 months and the moment I decide to buy one it shoots up across the internet!

If what you say happens then well I'll go with the back up model (55 or 65 SJ850), still a mighty fine tv according to reviews at least.

EDIT: LG has updated their website to include the new 2018 models throughout their range, no price details as of yet, but the specs are there. The 2018 version of the B7 is the OLED55B8PLA I think!?

Soldato
black frame insertion - so depending on personal preference, better motion appearance on 24fps movies, than frame interpolation
AND redesigned sub-pixel structure to reduce burn-in/ageing issues by increasing size of red+green sub-pixels (don't know if warrant is changed ?)

Soldato
Uh-oh, well I best keep a close eye on them then over next few weeks...it's annoying though how I'd see the same price (1499) for a good 5/6 months and the moment I decide to buy one it shoots up across the internet!

If what you say happens then well I'll go with the back up model (55 or 65 SJ850), still a mighty fine tv according to reviews at least.

EDIT: LG has updated their website to include the new 2018 models throughout their range, no price details as of yet, but the specs are there. The 2018 version of the B7 is the OLED55B8PLA I think!?

The 55B7 is now £1499 across the board again.

I bought it for a shade above £1600 from RS 2 weeks ago, normally I would be annoyed by this but circumstances at the time (having no tv at all and a full refund for my old tv) have softened the blow.

Soldato
OP
Aye, I noticed it on the morning of the drop having spent countless weeks refreshing and rechecking, I noticed it on Amazon, then thankfully Currys which I got it from! :)

Soldato
OP
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom