Tires for new year.

Soldato
I've used several sets of pilot road 2s in the past, fantastic tyres. 8k miles and 2 novice track days on a rear on my old 7r. (They were showing white through the rubber though)

When my current 7r and Deauville need new tyres they will getting some more roads, likely 4 or 5s.

IC3

IC3

Soldato
GT's stick well in the dry, not as good as something softer like the 2CT's. But for an average rider they should be plenty. :)

Soldato
OP
Road 5's fitted - actually turned out not that much more expensive then the pilot road 4's.

I've ridden all of about 1 mile them so far, so not yet in a position to comment, will update this thread again when I get some more miles under my belt.

Soldato
OP
Noooooooooooo.

I've done about 50 miles on these road 5's so far, damn they are nice, bike feels so planted, especially on the slower stuff, bike just feels so much more balanced.

I used to like the BT-023's but would never go back after using these, be interesting to see how they wear.

IC3

IC3

Soldato
My mate uses them on his trackbike, he loves them.

I'm sure that's the ones by just looking at the tread pattern. Could be D212 though, I'm not sure about that last digit.
tvkb8un54uvg584nbth.jpg

Associate
My mate uses them on his trackbike, he loves them.

I'm sure that's the ones by just looking at the tread pattern. Could be D212 though, I'm not sure about that last digit.
tvkb8un54uvg584nbth.jpg
Perfect for fast road riding in the dry or trackdays but utterly useless for commuting year round. My go to year round tyres are either Bridgestone bt023's or PR4 but I couldn't afford the pr4/5 this time so went for 23's front and rear fitted £190.

Back
Top Bottom