**Unofficial Tyre Thread**

Associate
From what I've seen, in terms of grip the PS4 and PC6 are at a similar level, but as is typical with Conti, their longevity is not at the same level as Michelin.

Neither option is a bad choice, the Michelins probably cost a bit more but they will also last longer.

mjt

mjt

Soldato
From what I've seen, in terms of grip the PS4 and PC6 are at a similar level, but as is typical with Conti, their longevity is not at the same level as Michelin.

Neither option is a bad choice, the Michelins probably cost a bit more but they will also last longer.
This, pretty much. Every Michelin I've ever had has worn very very well.

Permabanned
Finally got round to replacing the tyres on my bimble wagon... great to be rid of the runflats.

Ended up going with Michelin PS3... the only other two reasonable options were Dunlops or Bridgestones, so I went with the Michelins.

PS4, PS4S and PSS were only available in either front or rear sizes and I don't like mismatching.

The PS3 feel good so far, the front end has a nicer turn-in and as expected, the ride quality is noticeably improved.

Don
Has anyone here used these before: http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/Nexen/N-Blue-HD-Plus.htm ?

Cannot afford to get top range at the moment, however these seemed good for a mid-range.

Don't expect much praise on here, but for general use I'm sure they will be fine.

The PS3 feel good so far, the front end has a nicer turn-in and as expected, the ride quality is noticeably improved.

I had them on the A3 when I had that and they were decent enough in the dry and excellent in the wet - long lasting too as you'd expect from Michelin

Soldato
Now that my tyres have been replaced, let the begging letters to the council commence.

Has anyone successfully claimed against the council for a pot hole destroying their tyre?

A few years a go my local council paid in full for two tyres and a wheel no questions asked other than the pothole details and a photo of the damaged wheel/tyres. It was a huge pothole filled with water I was lucky that the tyres never popped but several cars were at the side of the road with flats. I also think it was no coincidence that a couple of years later the spring broke on the corner the wheel was replaced and the damper was leaking for both.

I have a claim going through just now for a couple of tyres, I had to replace both tyres on the axle as it's an AWD car which I doubt they will cover. They have asked a lot of details/photos/measurements and will only cover a percentage as the tyre was worn etc.

I got the contact details for the council via www.potholes.co.uk, my council then passed the claim to 3rd party Gallagher Bassett to handle it.

Soldato
A few years a go my local council paid in full for two tyres and a wheel no questions asked other than the pothole details and a photo of the damaged wheel/tyres. It was a huge pothole filled with water I was lucky that the tyres never popped but several cars were at the side of the road with flats. I also think it was no coincidence that a couple of years later the spring broke on the corner the wheel was replaced and the damper was leaking for both.

I have a claim going through just now for a couple of tyres, I had to replace both tyres on the axle as it's an AWD car which I doubt they will cover. They have asked a lot of details/photos/measurements and will only cover a percentage as the tyre was worn etc.

I got the contact details for the council via www.potholes.co.uk, my council then passed the claim to 3rd party Gallagher Bassett to handle it.

Sigh

The regularity of checks is a factor apparently. Some roads require weekly checks, others are up to annually. The offending road for me is deemed an annual check road. I wonder if this is going to implicate my claim, I bet it does.

Soldato
Sigh

The regularity of checks is a factor apparently. Some roads require weekly checks, others are up to annually. The offending road for me is deemed an annual check road. I wonder if this is going to implicate my claim, I bet it does.

Both mine were main roads so supposed to be checked regularly. In reality they go for weeks with massive potholes even after reporting them. I am not expecting my claim to be successful, worth putting a claim in though as it is an easy process.

Soldato
Soldato
Finally got round to replacing the tyres on my bimble wagon... great to be rid of the runflats.

Ended up going with Michelin PS3... the only other two reasonable options were Dunlops or Bridgestones, so I went with the Michelins.

PS4, PS4S and PSS were only available in either front or rear sizes and I don't like mismatching.

I am running PS3 on my 1.25 fiesta so of course it never wheelspins with it's massive 75bhp and never comes unstuck

Doubled the value of the car as well at £50 a corner!

Soldato

Only thing I can see that references DT1 is

1. These tyre markings are part of a Michelin specification and signify that the tyres should be fitted per axle. Tyres with different markings should not be combined with each other.

Back
Top Bottom