Why are some Welsh people naturally olive skinned...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
I'm similar, have dark eyes, hair and go really dark after seeing some sun. People often think I'm Spanish or Italian when I'm on holiday. It's from my mums side as my dad is fairer with blue eyes. Funnily enough my brother's take more after my dad and apparently they get told they look russian or Scandinavian.

Anyway I took a DNA test because I was curious about this. Apparently I'm:

41% English
40% Western European
9% Ireland/Scotland/Wales
5% Iberian
3% Scandinavian

So really it didn't help narrow it down much!

Soldato
Dunno about dark skin but a high proportion have dark hair and dark eyes. Genetically I seem to remember the people in the far west are descended from the earliest inhabitants of these isles the further east the more of an influx of people from the continent so more of a mixture.

Soldato
Gypsies originally came from India

The Romani, or Roma, are a traditionally itinerant ethnic group, living mostly in Europe and the Americas and originating from the northern Indian subcontinent, from the Rajasthan, Haryana, Punjab and Sindh regions of modern-day India and Pakistan

Gypsies originally came from Egypt, the name only gives the hint

Soldato
Whilst almost all the initial hunter gatherers to come to the British Isles after the last ice age were from the Pyrenees refuges the Cornish, South Welsh and West Irish probably continued to have a drip drip continuation of migration from that area due to the Atlantic coast trade routes. Celtish culture has also almost certainly made it's way to the British Isles via the same route.

Soldato
Coal dust.

Also, villages around Wrexham in North Wales are inhabited by bizarre Tom Jones look-a-likes known locally as 'Jackos', even the women there look like Sir Tom, I think it was due to some strange cloning experiment gone wrong. This is absolutely true and anyone from around the Wrexham area can and will confirm this information.
I'd heard the rumours and now it's confirmed. Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom