• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

GPU PRICES: SOME BIG DROPS AT OcUK!!!

Caporegime
Theres a billion of you on steam which one is you :Oo

Is there, i thought you couldn't have the same as anyone else ?, i don't have my profile set up if that helps, as only use it to talk to Tom|Nbk.

I don't know of another way to let you know which one is me, could let me know who you are on there, and then i can add i spose ?

Last edited:
Permabanned
im sure you will see loads more deals very shortly the cliff dive mining has done in last few weeks has many selling up.bubble finally bursting for many. now many will say we busting great deals when the truth of it is there is going to be masses of cards about as many miners sell up and you gotta sell stock.
true see quiet a few on the bay .but still selling for silly money

Associate
It's really nice of you guys at OCUK to do this, but unfortunately GPU prices are still too high. See, simple fact is that if all I can afford is the next GPU down from my normal purchase then it could be a year or two before I get another. Crazy really because I have bought at least one of each generation of GPU, but is the word from NVIDIA is correct then the earliest I will be buying another will be next year. Even then £750 is too difficult for me to justify. I usually buy for all my PC's just to keep them up to date but even that now is unaffordable. These are desperate times.

Associate
I wonder what the prices will be in like few months ...Crypto Going down as I see it

Don't think memory prices are going down, though. Or the cost of R&D and fabbing of newer gen GPUs. Or the pound doing much better. So probably best to work on the assumption of "if you have to ask the price, you can't afford it" still. :)

Caporegime
Don't think memory prices are going down, though. Or the cost of R&D and fabbing of newer gen GPUs. Or the pound doing much better. So probably best to work on the assumption of "if you have to ask the price, you can't afford it" still. :)
The cost of fabbing absolutely does go down. Ever time you have a new process it starts off expensive and then gets cheaper over time, as well as yields getting better.

The pound isn't collapsing, it's having something of a recovery. 1.4 last time I checked. A far cry from the parity/below parity with USD that some scare mongerers were wailing about :p

As for phones taking all the memory... that's not so easy. Some hope in the fact that Apple's latest phone suffered from poor sales (relative to their last one).

Soldato
well how then can nvidia produce and sell these cards for msrp ?
yes they are out of stock again....but the fact they started to sell these is interesting!

https://overclock3d.net/news/gpu_displays/nvidia_has_gtx_founders_edition_gpus_in_stock_at_msrp/1

It says in the article:

This offer will allow PC gamers to temporarily purchase these GPUs at their standard pricing, though it showcases that Nvidia is willing to sacrifice their retail and AIB partners to receive all revenue from GPU purchases directly. Why is Nvidia able to sell these GPUs at MSRP, well the answer is simple, they don't need to consider AIB or retail margins, pocketing all profits from themselves.

At least Nvidia are trying to look after the gamers in the long term. If the retailers/channel are going to complain about Nvidia undercutting their prices, Nvidia are just going to tell them to sell at MRSP instead of price gouging.

Associate
It says in the article:

At least Nvidia are trying to look after the gamers in the long term. If the retailers/channel are going to complain about Nvidia undercutting their prices, Nvidia are just going to tell them to sell at MRSP instead of price gouging.
yes but the issue is, why nvidia wasnt doing it for a long time ? I was checking their website day by day and for months now all the cards were "out of stock". And now they decided to list them again ? hmmm

Associate
yes but the issue is, why nvidia wasnt doing it for a long time ? I was checking their website day by day and for months now all the cards were "out of stock". And now they decided to list them again ? hmmm
To use this to their advantage make the 10x series look like good value and then bam release the new cards

Back
Top Bottom