Biker's Cafe Chatroom

Soldato
was thinking of doing mine this yr .. since I've been riding a 125 for well over 20 yrs :) 5-6 days a week all yr round
but then I think how much it will cost atm all in I spend £280-320 a yr inc petrol .
that includes the ******** cbt every 2 yrs
I can see that going up 3 fold if I get a bigger bike ..plus the £800 for the tests
then I see all the weekend warriors come out when the sun's up like today and I honestly laugh at what some of them do on the roads ..
but hey they can only do 30 round town

Just do it and carry on riding the 125 without Ls? Then you've got the license for if/when you want to ride a bigger bike at any point. If you've been riding a 125 for 20 years then you should be fine to complete the test with minimal instruction / bad habit removal for both mod 1 & mod 2.

IC3

IC3

Soldato
OP
Or get a 250-300cc, still lightweight and less gear shifting, not to mention you can go and rent any bike with a full licence. :)

Associate
Decided that Saturday was good enough to finally get the bike out for the first time this year.

Found out that half way through the run that the clutch cable had a little play in it, not sure if it has done this after sitting for so long but will have to keep an eye on it.
0h3OSG2.jpg
[/IMG]
0h3OSG2.jpg

Associate
Ye it is a Z650, bought it new last year and have just shy of 1k miles on it, so still running it in:D.

It is a decent bike to ride, seat could do with having a bit more padding as it gets slightly uncomfortable after an hour or so of riding

IC3

IC3

Soldato
OP
Ye it is a Z650, bought it new last year and have just shy of 1k miles on it, so still running it in:D.

It is a decent bike to ride, seat could do with having a bit more padding as it gets slightly uncomfortable after an hour or so of riding
There're companies that repad the seats for better comfort, I think its around £40-60 all in or something like that. Not sure if you can get any comfort seats for it yet?

I'm picking up the MT-10 today. The cruise control should save my fingers from freezing on the motorway.

Yesterday, I was walking on a T Shirt, it was so warm. Today I'm wearing a coat again, this weather is starting to take the pee... What's it like over there? I'm guessing still cold and snowy?

Man of Honour
Picked myself up some new boots the other day, just like my head it seems my feet are an expensive shape as well :o £300 worth of dainese boots later, nothing else seems to fit my wide feet.

Last edited:
Soldato
The Daytona Road Stars will fit your feet. They do a wide version as well. I have wide feet and have the normal version and they are edging on too big now that they've stretched :(

Cost me £360 as well >.<

Man of Honour
I tried them a couple of years back when I was last on the lookout for boots and the width and length was perfect but there was too much room above my foot if that makes sense, they also seemed quite heavy and chunky compared to other boots so I ended up with the Dainese Fulcrums which have been great but I fancied a more "sporty" boot so I've gone for the Torque D1s this time.

Back
Top Bottom