Ubisoft FarCry 5 'are you ready' thread just shown up....

Associate
is there anywhere you can get the key from that is steam rather than uplay? I've been locked out of my uplay account due to 2 step verification, as I got a new phone and the google authenticator doesn't have the uplay thing on it, so I can't even log into ubisoft through a browser!! shocking way to implement security!

Associate
is there anywhere you can get the key from that is steam rather than uplay? I've been locked out of my uplay account due to 2 step verification, as I got a new phone and the google authenticator doesn't have the uplay thing on it, so I can't even log into ubisoft through a browser!! shocking way to implement security!

you can ring their customer services up and get rid of it they ask a load of questions send an email to you etc

Associate
you can ring their customer services up and get rid of it they ask a load of questions send an email to you etc
thanks I actually got them to unlock it in the end, but I ended up getting it from steam as I hate uplay!! Also with steam I can move games to and from my SSD with ease so it's better for me, even though it's £10 more!!

Soldato
I ran a benchmark on the 18.3.1 drivers and then again with the 18.3.4 game ready drivers. Max FPS increased from 83 to 93 and the average from 71 to 75 FPS. Quite please with that increase! Tested at 3440x1440 resolution and with my liquid cooled Vega 64 slightly overclocked; +50% power - States 6 & 7 at 1702Mhz, 1150mV and 1752MHz, 1215mV - HBM at 1075Mhz.

Caporegime
thanks I actually got them to unlock it in the end, but I ended up getting it from steam as I hate uplay!! Also with steam I can move games to and from my SSD with ease so it's better for me, even though it's £10 more!!
Most Ubisoft games on Steam just launch Uplay anyway?

Also can you have multiple saves or characters on this? I'd like to play but my son likely would too

Caporegime
Yeah still needs Uplay, its why i never bother with any Ubi games, or EA ones (Origin), got Steam, should be able to get them all on the one platform, without needing all these other ones as well.

Last edited:
Soldato
The respawn mechanic in this is really ruining the game for me now and I've even just rage quit because of it! Enemies/mission items/vehicles randomly spawning or despawning right in front of my face if I pause the game or enter the menu! Gonna leave the game for a bit now until a patch sorts this mess out.

Soldato
Only just managed to get out of the initial intro missions, taking my time and soaking up the game. Enjoying it so far. For people mentioning the respawning enemies, i remember they had a similar criticism of Farcry2 with the outposts respawning, havent come across that much myself so far but im very early days yet. Think this will soak up a good few hours of my easter hols :D

BTW at the start i found this bit quite funny for a Ubisoft game

Climbing that first radio tower and the NPC says over the radio "Dont worry im not gonna make you climb these things all the time" :D

Soldato
Bought it for 48 euros on uplay. Insane price, I am used to buying games even new for around 30-35, but...I wanted to play it.

And after first hour, it seems pretty good. I have some misgivings (stupid car chase, silent protagonist), but it runs well, looks nice, setting is beautiful and gameplay enjoyable so far.

Soldato
Game is definitely upto Ubisoft bugtastic standards I've got no doubts we'll see it patched up nicely though as FarCry 4 I finished last week was bug free and robust during alt+tabs.

So far I've seen enemy npcs spawn before my eyes as well as vehicles on the roads. I've also seen a lot of wildlife fall into the ground (those deers) so I can just see the tips of their antlers poking out of the ground.

Lastly I've seen something I've not seen in a game in years - multicoloured rainbow textures on parts of the ingame map and some surrounding terrain around my character.

Back
Top Bottom