TRACKIR 4 or 5?

Associate
Just after some feedback from the guys who have them, i have found a great deal on TRACKIR4 but can't help thinking would i be better getting the latest model. When i was seeing them online with only £20-30 difference i was set for a 5, but i have now seen the 4 for £98 inc delivery.

Primary use is going to be for Arma2 infantry.

Please give your thoughts on how good/bad your experience is bearing in mind my primary use.

Thanks.

Soldato
Well TiR5 is 'better' than 4,but from the forums I frequent (flight sim nerd!) the current thinking seems to be if you have a TiR4,its not really worth upgrading to a 5.
If you can get the earlier model for a great price,then that will probably do.If you could justify the extra cash though,you might as well get the 5.

Associate
Supposedly TrackIR 5 has a better resolution of tracking if you look at some comparison videos on youtube. However, yes, trackIR4 has done me well, no need to upgrade.

Soldato
Just a word of warning here...

NP in the past have dropped support for older models completely very rapidly due to changes in technology used in the units. Now I'm not saying that they'll do so again but it would make me want the latest model I could get hold of.

Associate
old thread but the track clip pro is a total design flaw , utter rubbish design and they don't even give a damn if yours go wrong , very flimsy plastic with clips that just snap off, even the updated ones are naff.

Back
Top Bottom