Kolink KL-400 400W '80 Plus Bronze' Internals

Associate
Fbq4mxZ.jpg

lZJgnob.jpg

Imported by Caseking
bIrVRci.jpg

OQGltkM.jpg

SVe3uN3.jpg

The PSU does not include a power cable, the contents of the white box beside the psu
are some screws and 2 velcro cable management wraps.
GlEzQdD.jpg

80 Plus Bronze label - 80+ link here
cdOfiwx.jpg

Fan by Shenzhen Xin Wang
8VQvJUP.jpg

Some manual soldering in there
9C9q7VO.jpg

CuJ2D2S.jpg

EMI/Transient Filter, No MOV
1 - Primary bridge rectifier
2 - PFC/PWM Combo
3 - Primary cap by Capxon
4 - 5VSB Controller IC
Vj78ShT.jpg

EMI/Transient Filter starts here in the receptacle
4f5ns5I.jpg

All chinese electrolytic capacitor, at this price point I doubt we will see a japanese caps here
Brown cap - by CD288
Green caps - by Chingx
Blue caps - by BH
XeTBdGN.jpg

1 - 12V Rectifier - This psu has 24 Amps on the 12V rail but this rectifier is rated for 30 Amps and there's 2 of
them in parallel for a total of 60 Amps, this parts is overspec for this rail.
2,3 - 5V and 3.3V Rectifier - This Rectifier is rated for 20A and the 5V, 3.3V rail is only rated at 15A so this part
is enough to handle the 15A for this rail.
98D37oA.jpg

The output of the PFC diode is filtered by the Capxon 150uf 400v 85°C capacitor
1 - PFC diode
2 - PFC transistor
K8e80k7.jpg

Protection IC
DzasQN3.jpg

Cable length

24pin cable length about 15.5in
4+4 cpu cable length about 18in
8pin pcie cable length about about 16in

All the cables are AWG 18.

According to ChugNorris the oem for this is Huntkey but my guess is Enhance Electronics.

Transient Filter - Yes
MOV - No
PFC/PWM Combo - CM6805
Protection IC - WT7502
Bridge rectifier - T6KB60 (6 Amps)
5VSB Controller IC - XY6112
PFC Transistor - SGF180N60W3
Primary switching transistors - 2 x CM15N50 - from what I could dig it is rated at 15 Amps
12V output rectifier - 2 x MBR3040PT Rated at 30 Amps - 60 Amps
5V output rectifier - MOSPEC S20C45 - 20 Amps
3.3V output rectifier - MOSPEC S20C45 - 20 Amps
Primary capacitor - Capxon 150uf 400v 85°C
Secondary capacitors - BH, CD288, ChengX ( all 105°C )

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Leave well alone and instead look for something half decent. Cheap components are very bad and the price and very short warranty speaks volumes about the lack of quality in these units. After seeing the internals of these I dread to think of what rubbish they have thrown inside the core series which are even lower than these KL's.

OcUK Staff
So what is the opinion of this PSU? I am looking for a cheap unit for a media server. I don't know what the components in the pics mean? is it good/bad etc?

I wouldn't sell them if I didn't have confidence in the product. Our RMA rates are extremely low, and we have a lot of satisfied repeat customers. For those who want a cheap yet reliable option, this is it. It will be perfectly fine for a media server.

Soldato
1 - Primary bridge rectifier
Bridge rectifier - T6KB60 (6 Amps)

The output of the PFC diode is filtered by the Capxon 150uf 400v 85°C capacitor

Vj78ShT.jpg

All chinese electrolytic capacitor, at this price point I doubt we will see a japanese caps here
Brown cap - by CD288
Green caps - by Chingx
Blue caps - by BH
XeTBdGN.jpg
With bridge rectifier lacking heatsink...
For comparison lower power Seasonic G-360 has heatsink for its 10A bridge rectifier.

In fact without heatsink it's rated only for 2.8A at 25C ambient!
That means 322W input power at US mains voltage without any temperature derating, so 100-240V input rating is big fat lie.
With certainly higher PSU temperature it's questionable if it can handle 400W load for longer time even with higher European mains voltage.
http://www.sipower.us/docs/datasheets/bridgerectifiers/t6kb(20~80).pdf

And while PFC-circuitry can have some effect to needed primary capacitance it doesn't change the fact that during moments of low mains voltage feeding actual transformer with stable power is up to primary cap.
For comparison that 360W Seasonic has 270uF cap.

http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story4&reid=313
http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/seasonic-g-360-power-supply-review/4/

Guess having good size primary cap would have actually needed adding "thermistor"/NTC-resistor to control power on surge current...

Blue caps have same CD288 marking.
Jianghai uses that marking style.
Also some ChengX seems to use same markings.
So Chinese lottery grab bag stuff.

Man of Honour
I wouldn't sell them if I didn't have confidence in the product. Our RMA rates are extremely low, and we have a lot of satisfied repeat customers. For those who want a cheap yet reliable option, this is it. It will be perfectly fine for a media server.

Sorry Chug but with Caseking being behind them you are hardly going to come out and say they are rubbish. If OCUK/Caseking have so much faith in these units then they could sort this out once and for all by sending a couple off to be properly reviewed. Of course this will never happen because they will score so badly.

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
Sorry Chug but with Caseking being behind them you are hardly going to come out and say they are rubbish. If OCUK/Caseking have so much faith in these units then they could sort this out once and for all by sending a couple off to be properly reviewed. Of course this will never happen because they will score so badly.

https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/threads/ocuk-staff-whats-the-consensus-on-kolink-psus.18814453/

Hopefully this post will clarify some things for you. I've seen the crap internals that other cheap brands in the market have (CIT, Ace, Alpine, Winpower, Artic, Aerocool Integrator, Corsair VS to name but a few) and I'm quite confident that the Kolink Core and Bronze series are superior in every way. Would I use one in my personal gaming system? Probably not, but then I have the budget for a Seasonic or a Super Flower, and would be aiming for Gold+ efficiency. I'd have zero issues with using them for mid level gaming systems, and I'd happily use a Continuum in my gaming rig.

Man of Honour
Not really. Until a Core series and KL series have been properly reviewed (including internals) by the likes of Techpowerup and Jonnyguru nothing is going to change my opinion of them. I wouldn't use one which means that I would never recommend one to anybody either. I will only recommend something that I am 100% happy to use myself and I would hope than the majority of people on here feel the same way.

OcUK Staff
Clearly you aren't the target market. I believe Philip has clearly and concisely explained the situation in the other thread, including addressing most, if not all points raised against the Kolink brand.

Permabanned
I have a no-name 350W power supply working from year 2006 on an Athlon 64 3700+. This is more than 11 years already, towards 12 years!
And it's perfectly fine. These Kolink power supplies are luxury compared to it.

Permabanned
^Nothing you say fills me with any confidence and as far as your psu recommendations go, thank god everybody ignores them.

It is a fact that the most expensive PSU can go boom, and the cheapest PSU can last for ages.
This is it - call it luck or whatever, or just wrong and correct batches...

Man of Honour
Statements like that are why nobody takes you seriously on here. A quality psu has a massively lower chance of failing than a £15 psu and is also highly unlikely to take anything with it unlike the cheap one which could take several things with it. I have tried explaining things like this to you several times and even provided links to reviews of cheapo psu's and why not to buy them and you still stick to your misguided point of view so you are never going to see reason. Just remember the next time you suggest a rubbish psu to go with very expensive components that it's not your money that you are spending and you are not the one that has to sort through a potential nightmare when things go wrong. A word of advice, do not put blind faith in marketing bs. A lot of it (especially on cheaper psu's) is just pure fantasy.

Permabanned
I put my money that Kolink will become one of the best and most recognised PSU brands out there. Just give it more time.

And please, do not make it personal towards me - your colleague @ChugNorris tries to convince you absolutely the same thing :D

Soldato
just out of interest, if decided to use a kolink PSU, it went pop and took your motherboard etc with it, is that sort of thing covered in the Warranty (and if the warranty expires). I think i would be happy to use one in a low end PC that was used for web browsing or streaming etc . but i woudlnt be so keen in one going in my main gaming PC and stick to branded with longer warranty

Kolink manufacturer warranty covers damages to other components, of course. However proof for both the damage and cause of the damage are required. All claims will be verified in HQ. Also warranty is completely void if the problem was caused by faulty adapters, faulty components, modifications of the PSU, foreign objects inside of the PSU, water, overloading cables, starting car engines etc.. This is probably the same for most other PSU brands. Our PSU are designed "safe to use", but there is no way to prepare PSU for whatever abuse some very few users come up with. We don't feel it's our fault if very few users pull crazy **** which gets PSU and maybe other parts killed. Covering damages from such events would in the end increase sales prices for all PSU, so we feel it would also be unfair for the >99% of reasonable people out there to pay extra so a few have extra insurance.

I'm aware we really should get our homepage online and include official warranty terms. I don't see this happening before Computex though.

Soldato
@Kolink PSU PM - Phil @ChugNorris

would agree @pastymuncher in its really worth sending it off for review against models chug mentions it beats as well as ones it wants to compete with at a lower price point .

everone knows its not going to match the Continuum brand or Focus range but IF IT could MATCH or BEAT EVGA's BT450

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/evga-450bt-450w-80-plus-bronze-power-supply-ca-03l-ea.html

Then we'd all happy recommend it here for budget or office builds hands down , specially the SFX model! SFX PSU prices are insane !
thats £8 saving for ATX and £20 saving for SFX (450w)!!!

I know we don't effect a huge majority of the target audience buying the unit or around that budget but member's here can sway a good amount of new members away from that model or it appears on Google searches for those looking about this unknown PSU thats a lot cheaper then the rest

just my cents , know the power a few people can pull a product up or down , and nice to see Another Brand/Vendor rep on here- again the power of a well written post and change mind and hearts ..

Back
Top Bottom