Ubisoft FarCry 5 'are you ready' thread just shown up....

Soldato
I want to pick this up but I'm worried it won't run at 60 fps even on lowest (having an i5-2500k and a 2gb gtx 770). But I also don't want to spend £50 for the console version :(

Soldato
same setup as you. same here. seen my gpu usage go as low as 50%. frametimes all over the place. cant maintain a minimum of 60fps.
Same! Well almost, I have a [email protected] and a 1080Ti, and the frame rates are all over the place! Dips below 60fps at 1440p all the time, what gives here?

The game word looks ok graphically, but outdated, and I can’t see why the game is running such low frame rates, especially since BF1 multiplayer on ultra settings runs waayyy smoother for me than this outdated looking single player title.

Weird thing is if i disable Hyperthreading the fps average is higher but i get lower dips from time to time. This game is really behaving weird on my setup and apparently yours too. Forgot to mention i play at 1440p as well. I can understand if haswell is bottlenecking a 1080ti a little bit.. but having gpu usage as low as 60% on a 4770K/4790k at 4,7ghz is just wrong by a long shot.

Soldato
Put around 6hrs into the game today and am thoroughly enjoying it, possibly my favourite FC game of the lot although I have a big complaint that the first sniper rifle you get is far too OP. It 1 shots most enemies to the chest and it's turned a lot of base captures into just point and click games :(

Associate
After deciding this morning to wait a couple of week and let the price drop, ive just buckled after learning about the 20% discount on Uplay, downloading now

Would be up for some map making, i have no artistic/creative flair what so ever but fancy giving it a go anyway

Associate
Least expensive place to pick this up dudes? I just had a look in the Steam Store and they want £49.99 for the standard edition. Eek!!!

If you need a Samsung SSD or MVNE M2 you can get the standard edition for free which worth £40 at current pricing. But not with overclockers so you will have to shop around ;)
Thinking of going down that route myself.

Soldato
Just picked it up with the 20% discount m8. Just installed it and played the first 5 mins or so.

I'm totally blown away so far, looks like the storyline and setting is gonna be a topper!!!

Back
Top Bottom