Type R and VTEC owners

Man of Honour
OP
I don't get buying a sporty car and then putting on mid range tyres. They are the single thing that keeps you on the road and affects the feel and handling more than any other item.

Soldato
The Kumhos he's put on don't actually review that bad at all.

They could be miles worse and in my experience you quickly find the limits of tyres very easily in Type Rs.

I've run Falkens daily and Federals in the wet numerous times and had no problem getting comfortable with either. Sure, premimum tyres will get you round faster as well as all the other benefits but end of the day its the driver that pushes the peddle..

Ev0

Ev0

Soldato
Well the S2000 sale has all gone through and new owner driven it off.

Torque sold it on my behalf, deal was done with new owner a day or two after it went up for sale which was pretty good going.

So wanted to like this car, when I had my first pre facelift one a few years ago always said the same car but the facelift would be ideal, but this time around never felt as good :(

Sadly think am getting old!

https://torque-gt.co.uk/car/honda-s2000-2/

Permabanned
Well the S2000 sale has all gone through and new owner driven it off.

Torque sold it on my behalf, deal was done with new owner a day or two after it went up for sale which was pretty good going.

So wanted to like this car, when I had my first pre facelift one a few years ago always said the same car but the facelift would be ideal, but this time around never felt as good :(

Sadly think am getting old!

https://torque-gt.co.uk/car/honda-s2000-2/

This is 100% reason I have not gotten another DC2. No matter what I'd do to it it still would not be MY DC2 :( The previous would always be better than newer one.

Soldato
Funny i have just jumped into a s2000 from a shopping list of previous high powered saloons and i love it although it is supercharged.

I wouldn't want to drive it daily though.

The issue with the S2000 is the cost of the car being so high it compares with many cars that have so much more "car" for the money. I could have got a rs4 b7 for a few more grand, however i have been there many a time and done that. I will probably keep mine for the summer and see how i feel at the end.

Permabanned
Funny i have just jumped into a s2000 from a shopping list of previous high powered saloons and i love it although it is supercharged.

I wouldn't want to drive it daily though.

The issue with the S2000 is the cost of the car being so high it compares with many cars that have so much more "car" for the money. I could have got a rs4 b7 for a few more grand, however i have been there many a time and done that. I will probably keep mine for the summer and see how i feel at the end.
How can You compare a BEAST MODE s2000 to ns stock ?? 400hp s2k rapes loads of stuff on road....

Ev0

Ev0

Soldato
It's still a great car, just didn't gel with this one like I did the first. Wasn't a daily drive so ended up just sitting in the garage most of the time, my old one was my only car and racked up about 20k in a year in it :)

Associate
The alloy on my FN2 is buckled so I'm looking to replace it with another. Is £100 a fair price for a new alloy? Seen some on a popular auction site so I'm thinking of going for one of those.

Soldato
The alloy on my FN2 is buckled so I'm looking to replace it with another. Is £100 a fair price for a new alloy? Seen some on a popular auction site so I'm thinking of going for one of those.

£100 seems about right, yep. I've bought and also sold a set of 4 good cond with tyres for £450 in the past.

EDIT: Tyres, not alloys, of course :p

Last edited:

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
Has anybody with an S2000 used the clazzio seat covers? Next on my to do list was a retrim on my seats but these things don't look horrendous so may be an option?

Soldato
Has anybody with an S2000 used the clazzio seat covers? Next on my to do list was a retrim on my seats but these things don't look horrendous so may be an option?

Are they made for the s2k? interesting if so as about to fit heated in mine so half way there

Edit, oh i see they just zip over... Lose the headrest too.

Soldato
Maybe not the right thread, but what are peoples thoughts on the i-Shift in the gen 8 Civic? Partner is looking to start driving but only wants to do automatic so looking for a car we can both use which will be reasonable to insure.

Tempted to just get something terribly cheap on a 2 year lease until they've got some NCB.

Don
S2000 officially up for sale now :'(

https://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/honda/s2000/2004-honda-s2000-facelift/8531868

Will be very sad to see it go but unfortunately needs must. Any thoughts on advert gratefully taken :)

Personally I like to see pictures of the interior too. You've only got wide-angled shots and no close ups either (especially of the damage).

Considering the bodywork damage and no paperwork for the engine change (so effectively very high mileage) and the bonnet issues, your price is probably on the high side too.

[Edit] and you paid £2000 less than that price when you bought it last year :p cheeky bugger

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom