Any decent RTS games?

Soldato
It has been ages since I played a really good RTS game so feeling a little nostalgic for the glory days of Supcom FA, Starcraft 2, Homeworld 2 and the old C&C games are the ones that come to mind in what I want an RTS to be and while I try to stay current on the gaming scene I rarely see any RTS games out these days.

Anyone got any suggestions? Last one I tried was Grey Goo and wasn't too impressed with that :(

Soldato
Have you seen 'They are Billions' ? thread > here <

It's an RTS with a difference, you start with one building and you have to gather resources build up your base recruit an army build defenses and fight off an ever increasing horde of Zombies !

As it's on steam you can buy and try and refund if you don't like it.

The full game will have a 30-40 hour campaign and the current beta has more than enough to keep you going.

Associate
Company of heroes 2 isn't bad. They did give it away for free on humble bundle not long ago.

I have been keeping an eye on Forged Battalion which is made by the orig C&C devs apparently, its early access but looks like it may have potential.

Soldato
OP
Thanks guys ill check those out. Quite like the look of Northgard, Forged Battalion and They are Billions. Even better they are not £60 ones :p Might already have CoH as it rings a bell but not played it.

Caporegime
It has been ages since I played a really good RTS game so feeling a little nostalgic for the glory days of Supcom FA, Starcraft 2, Homeworld 2 and the old C&C games are the ones that come to mind in what I want an RTS to be and while I try to stay current on the gaming scene I rarely see any RTS games out these days.

Anyone got any suggestions? Last one I tried was Grey Goo and wasn't too impressed with that :(

Same boat.

https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/threads/is-rts-still-a-thing.18770470/

Loads of good suggestions in there :)

Associate
They have just remastered Age of Empires. Personally i'm waiting on an AOE III remaster and IV but you can't really go wrong with the originals, they're classics if you haven't played them.

Soldato
Age of Empires 2 has been going strong for years now and is one of the most popular games on Steam, I just hope the remastered edition doesn't break to core gameplay which is perfect blend of rock, paper, scissors style combat, economy micro management and tactical awareness. To get the best out of it you need to play it online.

Back
Top Bottom