Road Cycling

Soldato
TT today, weather looks fantastic. Still unsure about riding my tubulars or not. I have no spare & the sealant is probably dried up inside them...

Associate
It's that time of year again, I've been silent all year and now I'm heading to Majorca with the old man/brother to ride solo and wondered if anyone was around from 4th - 7th May for a ride?

Looking to beat my Sa Calobra time this year as I ballsed it up last time going to hard on the first day (Formentor) and on the ride up to it (Batalla) so was pretty spent by the time I got to do it. I scoffed foods from the cafe at the bottom and was probably a couple of miles of bonking come the end of my ride, beautiful ride but as always, but I don't pace myself very well.

Soldato
Daily update.

QKFDP72.jpg

My Aeroad is DURTY! Cleaning tomorrow.

K6SiVJ4.jpg
The aero mount for the garmin.

WLEaayr.jpg

Slight differences...

7Fz5MkI.jpg
On the bike! Now just need to wait until the new cassette to arrive with the chain. Bike Discount still unsure where it is. DPD supposed to be redelivering... no worries though, as I need to wait for my new FD / charger/ dongle to arrive. Then all groupset should be complete.

I have ordered a small 2mm headset spacer for the top and a headset cap, and that's all of it, I think. Light bottle cage maybe, oh and I'm going to need to get some KEO pedals.

DLoiq4y.jpg

I thought the ultimate was light, but I can light the Scott up with my little finger!

Soldato
Just purchased my first Canyon. Wonder how long it'll take to turn up!
Never.

I chickened out of riding tubs when I found out my TT doesn’t fit in the car unless I remove both wheels removing the rear is a pita guaranteed to get oil on something. Take me longer to put the bike in the car and reassemble it then ride a warm up (and risk a flat) as just ride there.

I’ll buy a cheap Vitoria Rally as a spare and maybe some more stans notubes!

Soldato
Never.

I chickened out of riding tubs when I found out my TT doesn’t fit in the car unless I remove both wheels removing the rear is a pita guaranteed to get oil on something. Take me longer to put the bike in the car and reassemble it then ride a warm up (and risk a flat) as just ride there.

Never.

Woos, I used to ride my tubs about 12 odd miles with no spares for a good couple of years to and from weeknight TTs.

Man of Honour
Soldato
Inflite CF 9.0 something you roadies won't understand. saying to be sent between 9-13 April. We shall see.
Fairly sure mine wasn't actually dispatched until the final day of the dispatch range(the friday), even though i got the dispatch email half way through the range of dispatch dates.
Was delivered the following Tuesday.

Soldato
Ooof. Little bit further to ride out than I thought (24km) but good to actually ride the bike rather than sit on the turbo.

Rode a 24:45 which I was reasonably happy with, 4 miles out and then back with a 2 mile dog leg at the end. Starting order was totally random by the signing in order, I had a couple of slower riders in front and a similar rider behind.

I caught my minute man after 3.5 miles, and the 2 minute man after 6! I got passed by the guy who started a minute behind me just as we crossed the line.

I was held up a little bit by a really slow car at the turn around and again at a roundabout later but only maybe 10 seconds max. The road seal was super coarse from miles 4-6 one of those leg sappers which you get no speed out of.

When we turned onto the dog leg it was a real headwind, until then it had been a slight cross wind that wasn’t a help or hinderance, headwind is not what you want with 2 miles to go.

I didn’t hang around for the full results as needed to ride home before it went too dark. Looking at past results I’ll be mid pack with the fastest people riding a 22. The course record is only a mid 19 which is slow compared to some!

I felt like I was slipping forward off my saddle a little, not sure if I want it to be a little higher or angled slightly. Have to play around and see.

I guess all I can do now is #openthetill a close ratio cassette 11-21 or 23, spare tubular tyre, skinsuit, aero lid, race on my tubular wheels, that’s gotta be worth 60-90 seconds!

Soldato
I think you'd be surprised how much margin is in a bike, even through a small dealer.
Around 10-20% would be my guess with agreed various RRP's depending on partnerships with brands. Know my LBS had an agreement with Zipp to price match anything online that was in stock and Zipp would still give them enough margin. @Jonny ///M I think could shed some light on this. There's probably different kinds of agreements of course.

Glad to hear you're okay after that near miss Roady! I know you have farmer heritage in you, but a lot of tractor drivers make my blood boil when cycling as they seem to have no idea about the size of their trailers :(.
Yup! Thanks. Made it onto road.cc's near miss if the day anyway which a comment on Strava made me email over to them at a whim. :)

http://road.cc/content/news/239728-near-miss-day-118-tractor-driver-gets-very-close

Great deals. Hadn't seen or heard much from Stages recently but didn't they tend to be around the same price point?

I'd take the black one to match colours every time! ;)

How about you buy the frame/fork/seatpost - and they keep all the other outdated crap to sell on, or put into their stockroom as parts, or Ebay or whatever?
Not a bad idea but he'll be left getting them to build it up as he's not got the parts or a spanner monkey like some of us here! ;)

7Fz5MkI.jpg
On the bike! Now just need to wait until the new cassette to arrive with the chain. Bike Discount still unsure where it is. DPD supposed to be redelivering... no worries though, as I need to wait for my new FD / charger/ dongle to arrive. Then all groupset should be complete.
Good work, getting there even with bikediscount's hard work to screw everything up! :cool:

I know the venge vias is fast, but it's so ugly even it's mother pretends not to be home when it pops round.
I actually like it without the aero bars, so that one's perfect! ;)

Which year? :D
:D:D:D

Got my new GP4000s on now. Should be a HUGE upgrade from the giant tyres that came with the defy.
You'll feel the difference - more grip = more confidence, more compliance = more comfort! You've gone from some of the most mediocre tyres to some of the best. :)

Why not the Canyon with hover bars?:D

Fvep4PX.png
Still screams alien abduction to me!

Back
Top Bottom