Destiny 2

Caporegime
OMG what happened?

i bought this on PC but nobody really plays it apart from cliques. so i gave up after a week.

so got this on console but there were 2 posts in feb in this thread and 1 of them was asking if the game was dead lol.

looks like Destiny 2 was an epic fail then? they ruined by taking everything they did wrong in destiny 1 and amplifying it. whilst ruining all the fun. i'll give it a bash maybe. is there a levelling up guide? fastest way to level up and the top 5 PVE and top 5 PVP weapons and how to get them?

Soldato
Essentially hit level 20 (25 with CoO expansion) and then start grinding for planet tokens (think faction rep) to get to 280+ power level. To get beyond that (I can't remember the exact total you can get to before the grind really starts) you then need your weekly powerful engrams / drops available from RAID completion, trials, clan (not that anyone is playing) and a milestone which is planet specific each week (do x amount of public events). These drop at up to 5 PL above your current PL.

Beyond that, er, well, um, yeah...

All weapons now have fixed rolls (you probably already know this from playing on PC) and nothing has really changed since Wk1 in terms of the best weapons to use. Pulse rifles are now better in the crucible (vigilance wing is decent from what I have seen) but Uriels gift (archetype), MIDA, burst sidearms and Atiope are still the "meta".

PVE is basically anything goes as long as you enjoy using it (things like Better Devils are still the best in class though).

How to get the weapons hasn't changed either since week one. The only thing added was a fated engram available from XUR. This is meant to guarantee an exotic (at 300PL) that you don't already have. From memory it was bugged and I haven't tried it recently to confirm if this is still the case.

The biggest problem however is that there is simply a complete lack of things to chase for. The lack of either random rolls or a proper mod system means that once you have the weapons you want there is little point in chasing for a "god roll" on something else.

Caporegime
In D1 we had a solid pool of around 30 players from all over the world so regardless of what you wanted to do, any time of day, we could get a 6 man going and often had 2-3 teams going at once. It was absolutely superb, we had so much fun playing. We lasted about a month in D2 and got bored. Just the other day one of the team had to ask in our whatsapp group for two more for NF, whereas in D1 he would've had literally 10s of people online 24/7 willing to jump in. Such a shame. Bungie really screwed the pooch on this one.

Soldato
I don’t get why people romanticize about random stat rolls on weapons.

It’s an awful system to slow down progression.

(Not just talking about D1/D2)

Soldato
I've been on this a lot on the PC and PS4, so much that I'm now considering buying the Rise of Iron dlc for the first game as I've heard some players have gone back to D1.

Is that a very wise idea? I last played D1 at TTK but after I'm done with D2's weekly activities, I'm wanting more!

Soldato
I've been on this a lot on the PC and PS4, so much that I'm now considering buying the Rise of Iron dlc for the first game as I've heard some players have gone back to D1.

Is that a very wise idea? I last played D1 at TTK but after I'm done with D2's weekly activities, I'm wanting more!
Only if got cheap rise of iron was good but didn't bring as much as taken king did

Soldato

I agree it's worth getting in the sales, I wouldn't pay the full RRP though.

I played D1 a lot but stopped playing just when the first dlc came out as I just didn't have the time to spend on the game. About 2 months ago I bought D2 with the dlc, lasted a week and got bored. I bought the Taken King and Rise of Iron and I'm still playing them now. D1 is just a lot more fun to play than D2 :)

There aren't as many people playing D1 though so it takes a bit more effort to get a fireteam together.

Soldato
So with the Warmind DLC coming soon is our raid group / clan getting back together to smash the raid / raid lair?

I know I will be playing it as will the Mrs. I believe JP will be back (we have already paid for it after all) but just wondering if anyone else is coming back?

Soldato
I'll be back for the dlc as well.

On another note I was out for dinner tonight and a guy sitting across the room from me had the first age of triumph t-shirt on.

I wanted to go over and say hello but my wife said that's just weird.

Made me sad the Suros t-shirt was always or of stock.

I miss the old days.

Associate
I have finally gone back on to play the osiris dlc this week. Really enjoying it especially when I recieved a nice auto rifle worthy of replacing my uriels gift. I'm hoping the next update improves the game.

Soldato
This is more like it:

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/8g2wwt/destiny_2_narrative_preview/

I am getting flashes of Book of Sorrows here..

The second section could give us an idea of who we will be fighting. Nokris (son of Oryx) is assumed to be the cursed one aligned with the worm god Xol. That means we could have a strike with the former and a raid with the latter (although confusingly the raid is referred to as a raid lair in the leaks which makes me think back on the Leviathan).

Hopefully this gives us a glimmer of hope that the underlying mystery of the Destiny universe will be returning.

Back
Top Bottom