The Razer Phone

Soldato
As above, if it's expensive it won't really be worth it, and seeing all the Blade features on it, it most likely will be. It looks great and from the hands on seems pretty polished already, but I'm not 100% sure it can be really called a gaming device. A lot of games for Android is really touch reliant and not many can make use of an attached keyboard/mouse or even a second screen so I can only really see this as being useful for productivity like Office.

Still, reminds me of Asus's Padfone series where the phone docks into a tablet, and further into a keyboard to become a laptop. Although Razer's take on it makes more use of the phone's features (using the screen, speaker and FPS).

Associate
Just picked one of these up with the deal that's kicking around at the moment (Unlimited txt/Calls / 100GB data / £30 a month on Three Advance)

It's huge! :eek:

Having had a number of large, 'curved' phones, holding the very sharp, boxy edges still doesn't feel quite right yet. Screen and speakers do seem pretty good though.

Associate
So, looking like the phone is faulty :(

Seemingly at random, the phone locks up and the touch screen stops responding. At this point, the power/finger print reader will lock/sleep the phone, but once locked it's not possible to wake it back up again.

Only option is a hard reset with Vol+ and Power.

Going back to the supplier!

Don
Can someone else with this phone do me a quick favour.

See if you can install the ''Tesco Bank" app. I get 'your device is not compatible with this application' :(

jcr

jcr

Associate
i nearly purchased this phone, but after looking on the razer forums and seeing all the problems owners were having, i went for the xperia instead.
i hope things improve with their next model.
at least ive got a free ps4 now :D

Associate
I was paying £20 for my sim contract on three, my s7e died with a motherboard issue so I picked a razer up today for an extra £10 on my contract.

Is it as good as the s7e it replaced? Screen no, sound absolutely.

There's a few things I prefer on the s7e but it became too expensive to fix the samsung I had and the one my missus has.

That was my only issue for not buying another samsung. So far I really like the razer.

Associate
Yesterday had my phone playing Netflix beside the bed and when I woke it was still playing (weird as it didn't ask to keep playing after 3 episodes), I had a 24 hour bug and was bed ridden

I got 7h 45min SoT and the phone was still at 23% battery! That's impressive!

On another note, does anyone's else's phone crash when playing the first episode of something, it does a complete reset and works fine after it

Soldato
8.1 is delayed for three, you can get it ota using a vpn to usa if you dont have a three version, they are ironing out bugs i'm still waiting too :/

Back
Top Bottom