*** Sky TV Cancellation & Negotiation Thread ***

Soldato
Some not a vast amount.
Sky is good if you watch live sports, otherwise it's not really worth the premium. You can pretty much half your monthly sub with Freeview and a Netflix + Amazon Prime subscription. Not only that, the quality of UHD on Sky is poor in comparison. That said, I read that UHD content should be improved at some point.

Soldato
It’s easier for the family to use, so if I can get a reasonable deal then everyone is happy. But I’m definitely not paying £72 per month.

Yep,the UI is intuitive. It's up to you how much you think that feature is worth though.

Mind you, if you have a TV with Netflix and Amazon integrated even with dedicated buttons on the TV remote like I have, it makes the UI advantage of sky a moot point.

V_R

V_R

Soldato
Any decent deals knocking around Mischief?

Just move into a new flat and looking to get a Q box, phone and BB. Am out of contract.

Soldato
Well just put my 30 days notice in for sky, they tried very hard to keep me after more than 20 years with them, didn't dangle the money carrot enough for my liking, did you know Mr spook sky Q install cost is £350 we can reduce it down to £60 just lol

Caporegime
Well just put my 30 days notice in for sky, they tried very hard to keep me after more than 20 years with them, didn't dangle the money carrot enough for my liking, did you know Mr spook sky Q install cost is £350 we can reduce it down to £60 just lol
Technically that is the price. OFCOM rules state that someone can ask for a service to be installed without contract and that's the price.

Commissario
My dad's 60% off has come to an end after I did the cancellation last year, skimming through this thread I guess that these offers are no longer available by playing the old cancellation trick?

Soldato
My dad's 60% off has come to an end after I did the cancellation last year, skimming through this thread I guess that these offers are no longer available by playing the old cancellation trick?

I wouldn't go that far but they have changed the way they give discounts its no longer an X% off. They use monetary values instead and seem to less generous with their offers! As I said if they give me a similar offer to last year then great. If not I'll happily cancel £100 a month to have sky to watch Football simply isn't worth it - In my mind £60 is with broadband and sports.

Commissario
Manged to get it down from £85 to £57 which is good enough. That's for tv with Entertainment, HD, Boxsets and Skysports, and Fibre Unlimited broadband.

Associate
ive given in and gone back in at £56 a month.

Had it good at £38 for past 12 months but when they offered me £51 said no chance. But couldnt get them back to that price after, cheapest was £62!

Was due to disconnect today, but went on live chat for one last go and that was the outcome. I guess with the new package system i cant complain as im sure its cheaper than a new customer f&f deal

i have full package sports/cinema 2tb + 1 mini box. Hoping to grab a 3rd for free as they said i could!

Soldato
ive given in and gone back in at £56 a month.

Had it good at £38 for past 12 months but when they offered me £51 said no chance. But couldnt get them back to that price after, cheapest was £62!

Was due to disconnect today, but went on live chat for one last go and that was the outcome. I guess with the new package system i cant complain as im sure its cheaper than a new customer f&f deal

i have full package sports/cinema 2tb + 1 mini box. Hoping to grab a 3rd for free as they said i could!

Is that with or without internet ?

Soldato
Winback can still give 50% discounts (on a good day), full package renewed at my parents 12 hours after disconnection without box sets and kids for £36 a month. (+, not Q)

Associate
£92 i think. I have been thinking it for the past 3 months, but after so many attempts with none getting under £50 and being told due to new packaging system they dont offer %'s anymore, i just went with it. Potentially it could have been less after disconnecting, but the advisor was 'frank' about it and said its the best i will see...

Urghhh is that even a deal? Not taking the mick, how much should it have been full price?

Back
Top Bottom