• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

RX570 Driver issue

Soldato
Hi all

Having an issue with my GPU, When I go to run PUBG it pops up with a message saying DX11 feature level 10.0 required, I've got the latest drivers installed and in computer management it shows the GPU but it has an exclamation mark on it...

What do I do? :confused:

If it was previously used for mining, there's a good chance it had a modified BIOS on it to get tighter strap timings.

If so, this knocks the checksum out on the BIOS which the driver detects and won't start. The behaviour you've noted in Device Manager is consistent with this. If this is the case you'll need to either:

a) restore the BIOS to it's factory (if it's a Sapphire RX570 ITX Pulse, I can help you out here)
b) Patch the driver during installation time, search for atikmdag-patcher.

Soldato
OP
If it was previously used for mining, there's a good chance it had a modified BIOS on it to get tighter strap timings.

If so, this knocks the checksum out on the BIOS which the driver detects and won't start. The behaviour you've noted in Device Manager is consistent with this. If this is the case you'll need to either:

a) restore the BIOS to it's factory (if it's a Sapphire RX570 ITX Pulse, I can help you out here)
b) Patch the driver during installation time, search for atikmdag-patcher.

How do I restore BIOS to factory? Also is the patcher a download file I need to search for?

Soldato
OP
eeh.png

Is that any use bud

Associate
The fact there's missing driver information suggests there's definitely some sort of software issue.

Mine for example, I've got the same driver version but it is recognised as Adrenalin etc:

pys.png

Before we start looking at flashing the card BIOS have you tried the Clean Install option on the Adrenalin Software installer? And if that doesn't work could you try DDU?

Also, you mention there's an exclamation in Computer Management, have you got an error message in the properties of the Device such as Code 43?

Associate
Soldato
OP
Associate
You got a partition or another drive you can try a separate Windows install on? Also is it in the top x16 slot of your motherboard, got any other PCIe cards? Also, is the motherboard bios current?

Soldato
OP
You got a partition or another drive you can try a separate Windows install on? Also is it in the top x16 slot of your motherboard, got any other PCIe cards? Also, is the motherboard bios current?

I only have the one SSD in my system currently with windows on, GPU is in the only x16 slot with no other slots used except the RAM etc, How will I find out the current motherboard bios and if its the latest?

Back
Top Bottom