What have you done to your car today?

Associate
Replaced the old, very cheap (15k miles, 30 quid for the pair) warped front discs. No more judder when slowing down with these ATE discs and Textar pads.

First full brake job I've done. Had to get the breaker bar out for the caliper carrier bolts.

UMBRZAQ0GiJRScKYkyf5yM1vgOfwUmihJY2Yd7LbIPL6RwtCZ0hSJxofOUCIh5z3hcwARbM5AASpwalSboKCNQsc5DU8PiKjgTPcqFtJX1iPgNFQ8okzQSt6GrPSn5z8vTqDztoS_e4fwMQrlSgU5SSXuWrJAttCDJSXZYM4wNBo3Un_pn1S-yZBt714jW2k9dudJff5OZfo0fpoozHfFmlF6wqRmRAOyaWIhEY0Um-FtioPeVZELW2Nh1DAkwlv3q88GGOfSeMK5VlaqBybYTOw9AWqYCJ7_p003AZDO-eVXcFUbd2rC4FPlgYvCOURuiIgIfL4I9rIAnEPfH5jllmfIcfdiXLi4gxrtvFSjguIy5zMBVm0KAqbJENLiumV9ozgt_fscFjylwwwcsMFtZbZRNcwEDzLFBIWsV8j8S7CFGx4NPWqbUHNKlwPC1AefRoanroo8gzGasTgm0eFhhphvyRbc5G9bOKXoxC_hAwkO_UB4-1OUUMrCvY1noYjBse8dagTAyMlCMjxNaUH9xWw16KBEeKKHSS80-TxOAIhJ8dhOrcDbIILpj4jgI05uTDDaV_s9sqyUnpHSwCwpxP1DYOR7ZiQRa72528=w1058-h794-no

yJcBa_lS_Q5zzR8ja2QnsiA_Yc1ybS32mkZCGs-iXuVzoQ4zvPqOoRw0fjHjErpl6w_lz7uRbtQ8gryxL5zYTmvzncvD8_M7Ql9jjMeSy7kuA2wJQpNJY7HPTJ91BVFHiYzHtjgzT6LxN4Z48D_Fe1bxRan7YIoPgpzR74zz24hILBO0fdF2MAqiN5qDZSqaqK_SCkXugF14ErVxOH8ckeldjkkq7TBQhJzrWdipKrBLJUGOs17YoTGCjPSBKU1X4wQI8sIV8_MESoitifKc9FNRNvJ47hnCcyab2kQO6KugDHS2oEBnJcUSLERiVzHDgKtyCo6HFMNCO5Dgo03-MRSWWp3JMpZd8Tj-h7A1pQqT3KcksEQ49QZbycIywGO3ptfxpO3RZQdzXJ06-hkNyLzB3hUBQh6iHKy2aicMX5k3gKXtM_248lwaHLBrEgtMA3PuqkiTPNxZ_cOqY8LCRol7voPtWwzlDfpXUwdzvZLpnhGr2l0Hr9uvnmxK2FgKmavhCJgs5nCVCRxAtao_YZ2_cVWmEAWCNgfXYbQl3XselBGSy-cfCk_oMpc2-sYV8duWehXVld2CqtAI0VbrVgDk9rwUjoR016pTj2I=w986-h1314-no

WZxG8K8TKKFcX30zo8kYMJoWtrlrRVjCY91APtM3XROklW602GoNTCPPjA6vwr3ENmnzODwkxVrZeexcYhlw383XjEWrmnexLvuNPbp_SUT_nsf4g51FHAMY-4hWrsCpApyef4JNnb9yIYoGFPA9tqUADZF2mTGOheNQ8M3HH0nROgPpBxOMAI9InSSffUwXeW03AhxcCbTIxxbEE0DZsyPx9gWOQ5MNMMJRUdCKJH7KdJcUSh0AKIFTUXntM_4GwkKvSJwM1uDesczpv_2wKeJKLSb78V6rK5ozGVeNEvoq9_EEaMuiCwHv1Goqi_8KJl--t9EsVcr0FqX9WbF6jHnKET4y10_a3lBNrfaw9EqawzRXuRWE7KAK26LDAZy86puJAAD3Nrunz8lIK8vVHVOo5nnXVfELjnuo3FGKQhiNyzKSPfaeKfDQFlur_QXKBR1izy-bBH24vibfEKPPOSkGK1UuUvlF77K5W_crKT9XL7fk4gM-ILYuLydW7qXSaZ9ZH0kp6hwcwWIWo4cOqalU8Q56DpUiGeFLUj-mL0sWfvsJ3vLh5LwThoySEmrSCTWsuz_f9cFhoMfuOaGm36SHO0dgBeWIsKfPk3U=w1058-h794-no

OcUK Staff
Reduced the weight of the SVR by 22kg and the M3 by around 16kg with some very expensive lithium ion batteries that are very powerful, but weight next to nothing, RS30 weighed in at 4.5kg and ATX30 at 2.5kg.
RS30 is a powerhouse with 1200+ cranking amps, 50aH equivalent, also has restart technology and can be put into sleep mode and turned on via button combinations or enable restart mode if it runs out of power to start the car.

ATX30 is not as fancy, it has 880 cranking amps, 30aH capacity but does include restart technology, more than adequate for the M3, if anything overkill but no point in penny pinching when dropping a grand on batteries to save some kilo's. :D

rs30.jpg

atx30.jpg

Gonna look at losing the bracket for the M3 battery and just cable tie it down and save even more weight, will see if I can loose the tray it sits on too as all that weighs as much as new battery. :D

OcUK Staff
Be shaving the eyebrows next... :p

Haha yes, it is what happens when there is not much you can do to the car, you start saving the grams, makes a lot of sense in the M3 though as the battery is right in the rear on drivers side. So ridding the car of nearly 20kg right in the back on drivers side does help with balance and of course removing weight at the extremes or high up in the car is always beneficial, will I notice it who knows, but as the M3 does track work and I like sliding it well it can only help to pull as much of the weight to the centre of the car for its balance.

Bit less so in the Jaguar, doubt will ever notice it, but a case of well why not and with the brake upgrade its pretty much 50kg out the car and well if a manufacturer gets excited over 25kg, then I feel good at 50kg. :D

Soldato
Did the original Jag battery really weight 26.5Kgs? I know batteries are heavy, but I've lifted a few and I'd have guessed they weighed no more than about 10-15Kgs.
Either I'm eating more Weetabix or I'm just crap at guessing :p

Soldato
Did the original Jag battery really weight 26.5Kgs? I know batteries are heavy, but I've lifted a few and I'd have guessed they weighed no more than about 10-15Kgs.
Either I'm eating more Weetabix or I'm just crap at guessing :p

Probably a 100Ah + battery they are over 20kg, it will be interesting to see how he gets on dropping down to a 50Ah as the draw from modern cars online infotainment systems is fairly high when the car is not in use but should be fine on a daily driver

OcUK Staff
Got me looking at those batteries now! Mine is relocated into the boot but as it is so big it sits on top. If i got one these I could put it in the spare wheel well. How do they stack up to normal road use as they all seem to have real small AH?

If you sit in McDonalds with your engine off and stereo blasting, they are no use.

The ATX30 is a 30aH battery, that is quite low as most modern cars with a lot of equipment have 60-90aH batteries, I'd imagine your GT-Four will have a 50-60aH battery with around 600-700 cranking AMPs. The ATX30 would be fine for your car on the basis you don't sit with engine off and have stereo and other equipment running or are leaving the car un-used for more than two weeks at a time. Should it ever run so low it cannot start the car, if you press the restart button on the battery it enables reserve power which will start the car a couple of times, a nice emergency feature should you run the battery low. I think for your car this would be more than acceptable, around £450 with terminals and weighs 2.5kg, your stock battery will be 15-20kg. Also Varta do some regular lead acid batteries with around 40-50aH and around 500-600 cranking amps which not as light at 10kg but would be good enough and only £60

The RS30 is more expensive at nearly £700 but is a far more powerful battery, its got a 50aH equivalent to lead acid and around 1200 cranking amps which means it could start anything, even stuff like a Dodge Viper SC 8.4l engine. It has battery level meter, you can also put it in sleep mode, it also has restart function and is a true lithium ion battery, its heavier at 4.5kg but I needed the most powerful lithium ion I could get for the SVR and in fairness at £700 with a 3yr warranty it is way cheaper than other lithium batteries on the market, its around 1/3rd of the price.

Its the kind of mod your unlikely to feel but if your trying to get a cars weight down and improve handling, it does all add up. :)

OcUK Staff
Probably a 100Ah + battery they are over 20kg, it will be interesting to see how he gets on dropping down to a 50Ah as the draw from modern cars online infotainment systems is fairly high when the car is not in use but should be fine on a daily driver

This 90aH battery, was 25.9kg on my scales, same scales had the RS30 at 4.6kg. But yeah trying to lift 26kg out the boot was not easy due to positioning, whereas the RS30 and ATX30 you just carry one handed, the ATX30 literally feels like an empty battery, you think mmmm is this a con and there is nothing inside. But it started the M3 this morning no issue and started it quick as these batteries have more powerful cranking amps than regular lead acid or AGM batteries.

The 2.5kg ATX30 has 880 cranking amps which for 2.5kg is a lot, they are far superior the Braille AGM batteries I used in M3, that weighed 9.1kg was 30ah and about 800 cranking amps and was about £250, died just over a year later. :(

As these have 3yr warranty hoping for better results, anti-gravity advised as they are lithium ion they also handle cold weather better than AGM or lead acid and they say in a daily driven car upto -10c is fine, if its a toy car stored over winter they advice trickle charger or just remove the battery and re-fit lead acid for cold months or a car not in use for months to prevent draining it.

Soldato
Reduced the weight of the SVR by 22kg and the M3 by around 16kg with some very expensive lithium ion batteries that are very powerful, but weight next to nothing, RS30 weighed in at 4.5kg and ATX30 at 2.5kg.
RS30 is a powerhouse with 1200+ cranking amps, 50aH equivalent, also has restart technology and can be put into sleep mode and turned on via button combinations or enable restart mode if it runs out of power to start the car.

ATX30 is not as fancy, it has 880 cranking amps, 30aH capacity but does include restart technology, more than adequate for the M3, if anything overkill but no point in penny pinching when dropping a grand on batteries to save some kilo's. :D

rs30.jpg

atx30.jpg

Gonna look at losing the bracket for the M3 battery and just cable tie it down and save even more weight, will see if I can loose the tray it sits on too as all that weighs as much as new battery. :D

I never heard of these smaller, lighter batteries before. These sounds awesome. Expensive, but, for cars with batteries in the boot, taking up space and weight, these sound ideal.

Can you get slimmer versions?

OcUK Staff
I never heard of these smaller, lighter batteries before. These sounds awesome. Expensive, but, for cars with batteries in the boot, taking up space and weight, these sound ideal.

Can you get slimmer versions?

They come in various shape and sizes, as long as your close to required cranking amps for your engine and understand capacity (aH) your good to go. Then their is regular lead acid (cheapest), AGM (moderate expensive) and finally lithium ion which is best quality and lightest, but also the most expensive.

Soldato
They come in various shape and sizes, as long as your close to required cranking amps for your engine and understand capacity (aH) your good to go. Then their is regular lead acid (cheapest), AGM (moderate expensive) and finally lithium ion which is best quality and lightest, but also the most expensive.

Thanks for the info.

Permabanned

rs30.jpg

atx30.jpg

Do what I did use metal wire. Cable ties can kinda Snap on hard driving. My light 4.5kg battery in teg was Tied down using a copper 1mm thick wire tied using pliers :]

Permabanned
bt.jpg

Bluetooth audio module for DIY upgrade in Bose stereo in 350z and bumper feed
catchss.jpg

My good luck in 2018 continues been to hospital today for operation of PAIN DRAIN :/ Put it in spoilers since some people are weak on stuff like that. Could You bealive i got this ****** from shaving some small thing off my skin with new razor few weeks ago ??
Well he started with surringe after first one hes like hmm ill cut it open. Im like sure go on had worse. Cut me with scalpel and Your bleeding. Im Aint got time to bleed pass me tht kitchen towel from my backpack cause its all over me and chair and floor.

drain.jpg

Lesson for You guys if Ya cut yourself when shavng always put ********* of aftershave !!!!

Btw was still at work and at rave last weekend. Chaps at security to club ask me if i got any drugs open my backpack antibiotic and 2 types of painkillers for my little friend on my face.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom