• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Soldato
Try doing a memtest and a CPU stress test.

did you try playing games with Gsync disabled?

And, are you saying that there are still frame drops, freezing and micro stutter even if you reduce the graphic settings to low in games?

Associate
OP
Try doing a memtest and a CPU stress test.

did you try playing games with Gsync disabled?

And, are you saying that there are still frame drops, freezing and micro stutter even if you reduce the graphic settings to low in games?

1. I did memtest. No errors were found. CPU stress test in AIDA64 show good results. Max temp was 72C with 4.7 GHz.
2. Yup. I tried. No changes.
3. Yeah. Even with 1280*720 and minimum settings I notice issue.

=(

HRL

HRL

Soldato
Got another SSD you can install the games on other than your OS SSD?

Installing them onto the HDD is never going to help because even with non-gaming activity on the M.2, it will still be faster than the HDD.

Associate
OP
Got another SSD you can install the games on other than your OS SSD?

Installing them onto the HDD is never going to help because even with non-gaming activity on the M.2, it will still be faster than the HDD.
Think that's not helpful. I haven't more SSDs. And installing OS on the HDD won't be a great idea.

HRL

HRL

Soldato
installing OS on the HDD won't be a great idea.

I agree but that wasn’t what I was suggesting.

I’ve got my OS, Win 10, on a single SSD, and all of my games on another larger capacity SSD.

Shame you don’t have another SSD laying about to test with.

Associate
OP
Actually, having ploughed through the wall of text:

Are you sure the games aren't running borderless instead of full screen?

Also, set vsync to on in Nvidia control panel and off in game.
1. 100% sure that they're running in FS mode. Checked it twice.
2. Tried it. Hopeless. Only GTA 5 game VSync option help a bit but don't destroy FPS drops completely. =(

Associate
That seems to be an unbelievably low amount of RAM you have there for a modern rig.

Are you able to check how much memory you have whilst you run those games? It may be running short and resorting to using the page file. That can cause chopping too.

Soldato
I would try to use in game FPS locks at 140 FPS if possible. If not use DSR to bring them down g-sync isn’t pretty over 141 FPS. Also turn off fair works in Witcher 3.

Associate
OP
http://www.resplendence.com/latencymon

Set it running, play for 15 mins, refer back to it to see what's causing your stuttering.
I tried to run it during OS idle. I guess, running during the load it'll showing wrong results because a game remain all hardware power and LatencyMon will performance parasite. LatencyMon while gaming it's like playing game with other 3rd part app running in the background. If wrong — correct me with proofs.
That seems to be an unbelievably low amount of RAM you have there for a modern rig.

Are you able to check how much memory you have whilst you run those games? It may be running short and resorting to using the page file. That can cause chopping too.
Nope. =)
Do you think that 16 GB is not enough for today's requirements? It does not. I have used maximum 9GB of RAM playing one hardware demand game (Witcher 3 if I'm right).
I would try to use in game FPS locks at 140 FPS if possible. If not use DSR to bring them down g-sync isn’t pretty over 141 FPS. Also turn off fair works in Witcher 3.
Not all games have built-in FPS lock. Better to use RTSS for capping frames. Oh, if it would be useful. I tried it, no changes. Even tried to enable GTA's frame scaling to maximum value — didn't help.
About Witcher, I tried to do this. But there was no changes.
I'm really disappointed with these issues on top PC. I don't even know why quality testing is so poor nowadays. :(

Back
Top Bottom