Ghost Recon Wild Lands

Soldato
The bug where you can't use drone or binoculars is driving me nuts. It's happening every time I play at least once without fail and the workarounds aren't working anymore. :mad:

Hurry up with the next patch! :(

I don't like the ACR much. 556xi is my assault rifle of choice tbh.

Associate
Thread Revival.

Anyone hyped after the Year 2 content dropped yesterday. I thought the new Sam Fisher mission was tough and exciting.

Definitely suited stealth into the base with zero kills. Plenty of good banter in the ending with taking the mickey out of Snake from MGS

Shawrey

Associate
Yikes!!! £25 bloody quid!?! After I purchased a Season Pass :( Mind you, this is Ubi's new way of dragging a game's life out, isn't it...

The Year 2 Pass isn't required to access the content. The content itself is freely available from the patch. The Year 2 Pass includes some nice Splinter Cell related items including Sam's signature sc20k and fn57 it also has some loot crates which can net you some nice custom weapons, camos and other aesthetic items. Hoping more content will be added along with the pass but the main Year 2 missions are free. https://news.ubisoft.com/article/ghost-recon-wildlands-year-2-content-begins-april-10

Shawrey

Soldato
The Year 2 Pass isn't required to access the content. The content itself is freely available from the patch. The Year 2 Pass includes some nice Splinter Cell related items including Sam's signature sc20k and fn57 it also has some loot crates which can net you some nice custom weapons, camos and other aesthetic items. Hoping more content will be added along with the pass but the main Year 2 missions are free. https://news.ubisoft.com/article/ghost-recon-wildlands-year-2-content-begins-april-10

Shawrey

Phew, that's good then. I Haven't touched the game for many months now, so some new content would be nice - just not willing to cough up for it :D

Soldato
Anyone still playing this on Xbox?
I still play it now and again but nobody on my friends list does, so i never get any chance to run coop.

One thing to bare in mind, I think if you play it coop it's only the host that gets story progress if you do the missions. So if you join someone else and do a load, chances are you might have to do it all again.

Associate
One thing to bare in mind, I think if you play it coop it's only the host that gets story progress if you do the missions. So if you join someone else and do a load, chances are you might have to do it all again.

You'll gain progress on any missions that you have unlocked, or that you unlock while playing. You'll only miss out if you join part way through a mission, you would have to go back and run the whole thing. It's actually a really good co-op system, shame Far Cry didn't have the same thing.

Associate
You'll gain progress on any missions that you have unlocked, or that you unlock while playing. You'll only miss out if you join part way through a mission, you would have to go back and run the whole thing. It's actually a really good co-op system, shame Far Cry didn't have the same thing.

Wasn't the case on release? Did Ubi change the format for Co-op progression at some point?

Shawrey

Associate
Wasn't the case on release? Did Ubi change the format for Co-op progression at some point?

Shawrey

As far as I'm aware, it was from day 1 - https://ghost-recon.ubisoft.com/wildlands/en-US/news/152-282742-16/intel-co-op-101 (see the story progression sections).

I did co-op on launch day, and we never worried about who was hosting.

Is it possible you're thinking of Division? I think that only had progression for the host - or very limited progression at least, like just main missions or something?

Soldato
I'm happy to be wrong if that's the case.

I did do a few hours (around 6) with one of my mates and there were a few things we had to do twice due to it not registering the relevant missions. It might have been just us being at different stages of those respective zones. If they have tweaked it that's good as we kind of stopped playing together thinking we were going to have to do everything twice.

Associate
I'm happy to be wrong if that's the case.

I did do a few hours (around 6) with one of my mates and there were a few things we had to do twice due to it not registering the relevant missions. It might have been just us being at different stages of those respective zones. If they have tweaked it that's good as we kind of stopped playing together thinking we were going to have to do everything twice.

If I remember rightly (it's been a while), some missions are actually three or four smaller missions that lead into each other - especially those involving the area bosses. If you miss the first one you won't get credited for the following ones you do, so you would have to do them all again. If you've done it before, you'll be told you're replaying it.

Associate
Can anyone tell me how to open the crates? I bought the deluxe edition and have been playing solid for the last 3 days, only just noticed it says I have 2 crates to open are they new?
Played it in xbox for a month or so when it does came out and had season pass. Went to get it on pc and 2 is out now.
Am I better going 1,2 or just straight into 2?

Back
Top Bottom