What did you do to your bike today?

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Adjusted the throttle cable when I got home from work as there seemed to be about an inch of slack in it. The manual says between 1-4mm is acceptable but this was nuts.

This is the second time I’ve had to tweak it since picking up the bike which I’m not sure if that’s excessive or not (circa 3000 miles) and I’m already running out of space at the bar end adjuster :confused:

I’m pretty laid back but it was making low speed cornering a pain because of the dead zone. Oh and my chain lube ran out, so I’ll need to get some more.

Soldato
Adjusted the throttle cable when I got home from work as there seemed to be about an inch of slack in it. The manual says between 1-4mm is acceptable but this was nuts.

This is the second time I’ve had to tweak it since picking up the bike which I’m not sure if that’s excessive or not (circa 3000 miles) and I’m already running out of space at the bar end adjuster :confused:

I’m pretty laid back but it was making low speed cornering a pain because of the dead zone. Oh and my chain lube ran out, so I’ll need to get some more.

I'd be wanting to check those cables

Soldato
Starting to get it ready for Cartagena in May, but before that a short trip to Reps in Caldicot for the Woolich race tools update, new Autoblipper strategy and Warm up feature.

got it home and it was filthy, so gave it a proper clean.

r78H6vm.jpg
jsMsqBI.jpg

Associate
Do it! I urge you - best mod I ever did to mine! Sadly after I had spent money on two different sets of cans, PC5, air filter etc etc etc - the sprocket was £15.

I don't recall exactly, as it's been al most 8 years since I killed mine (yikes!) - but I went 1 tooth down [or up - you will have to check] on the front - as that let me keep the original rear sprocket and chain; it also changed the stupid first gear from 110 indicated, down to 85 - though I also fitted a speedo healer after the sprocket, so I don't know what that 110 would have actually been (maybe in the range of 96-102?).

Anyway, it transforms the low speed use, so that you can happily use 3rd gear in 30 zones! Prior to that, mine was far too ON and OFF with throttle input.

I still have my digi gear indicator, speedo healer and PC5 (with plug in loom) in the loft - keep meaning to stick them on eBay, as they have been up there (and through house moves) since my bike was written off - that I have no idea if they still work; one would assume so. Trust me if you're interested, might be able to come to a deal where you can give them a try before you buy or something.

Thanks for that, noted and appreciated.
I'll look into getting a smaller front sprocket and giving it a try as that's a nice simple job.

Back
Top Bottom