• Puppy

Votes: 12 2.3%
  • Red Hat Enterprise Linux

Votes: 15 2.9%
  • Sabayon

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Slackware

Votes: 9 1.7%
  • SUSE Linux Enterprise (Server or Desktop)

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • OpenSolaris

Votes: 5 1.0%
  • Ubuntu (Kubuntu, Lubuntu, Xubuntu, Ubuntu Studio, NBR)

Votes: 243 46.9%
  • Other

Votes: 20 3.9%

• Total voters
Associate
Brill!

I love Linux Mint 17.2 (cos I don't play games much now)

:D

Yeah, but did you know that there's loads of free games from the Software Package Installer. :D:D:D:D

But yeah, I don't often use it on Linux, only on MS W7 for Elite Dangerous, etc.

I will do some researching on LM17.2 to see if I can run Elite Dangerous on LM17.2, perhaps under Windows Virtualization environment?

Anyone done it yet, you Mint users out there? :confused:

Associate
Currently jumping through flavours of Ubuntu on my laptop. Want to take the plunge and try Arch but never have the time to sit down and configure the thing.

Server side most are debian with some running Ubuntu.

Associate
Using Ubuntu 17 at work and 16 server at home, can't complain so far since switching from windows!

Discalimer: Have dual boot windows for some games that don't run on Linux

Soldato
Been using Ubuntu 19.10 for a couple of weeks and it has been running very well. Pretty stable on my laptop and in general works well but I used to use Arch Linux and really liked the pacman manager and the AUR but I don't want to fuss about with Arch so I'm downloading Manjaro XFCE which hopefully should be a nice lightweight distro for my laptop. The only problem is that I'll have to redownload all of my games which will take forever.

Any other options I could try. Tempted by Fedora Workstation but I'm not really a fan of rpm so I might skip that. I did enjoy OpenSUSE Leap but had a few issues with it.

Associate
A little obscure, but I've become fond of Void Linux. It offers a generous range of packages and I like how it does init. It's a completely novel distribution and isn't a derivative of any other. It takes work but it is rewarding, if you enjoy tinkering and tweaking.

Associate
Voted for:
CentOS 8: My work Macbook Pro (considering a shift to Ubuntu because of.. RH)
Slackware: Some of the boxes I have lying around
Ubuntu 20.04: Dell XPS15 7000series that we are going to start handing out to devs.

Before you ask. No dev at work uses any OS besides Linux. OSX and Windows were taken down. None wants to go back. :)

Soldato
I chose Arch. but it is not strait Arch, it is Manjaro. I have run into vids on Big Linux recently. I con not find any vids. that compares them.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom