*** Zelda: Breath of the Wild ***

Soldato
I agree I had heard this too and seems a bit lazy when you look at what horizon and the witcher churned out as dlc.

Was expecting something more on that scale, personally

Associate
Yeah if you're expecting new areas to explore you'll be disappointed, there's none of that.

Like I said it's mostly more of the same, but among the best of that same. If you finished all shrines in the base game and were left wanting more then I'd recommend it for sure.

First thing I did was check to see if its possible to explore Mount Agaat, the only unreachable named location in the game (still not possible as expected though heh).

Yeah re-using the bosses was disappointing, even if the conditions for the fights were changed, there is a new boss though.

Sounds pretty good then. How long would you say the newest content took you to complete?

Hmm, I think about 5-6 hours for DLC 1 content and 6-7 hours for DLC 2 content.

EDIT: maybe closer to 9 hours for DLC 2 actually, especially if your count the loot side-quests.

I played across 5 days and didn't really keep track.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Is they an option anywhere to see your game stats? I.e how many shrines left, % completed etc
There are 120 shrines total.
In terms of % complete, it's a weird one in this game. Once you beat Ganon you get a % complete and you can carry on. But the 70% of the percantage relates to the map being discovered in combination of the korok seeds. So basically to get 100% you have to not only complete every side quest, main quest, get all armour and shrines etc. But also get all 900 korok seeds :p

Soldato
There are 120 shrines total.
In terms of % complete, it's a weird one in this game. Once you beat Ganon you get a % complete and you can carry on. But the 70% of the percantage relates to the map being discovered in combination of the korok seeds. So basically to get 100% you have to not only complete every side quest, main quest, get all armour and shrines etc. But also get all 900 korok seeds :p

Ah I see! Thanks

fez

fez

Caporegime
I have but I was pretty underwhelmed. Reused content, very easy apart from the final part and didn't introduce anything new and exciting. I think I probably had more fun with DLC 1 which itself was quite underwhelming.

Soldato
OP
I have but I was pretty underwhelmed. Reused content, very easy apart from the final part and didn't introduce anything new and exciting. I think I probably had more fun with DLC 1 which itself was quite underwhelming.

I didn't like the Divine Beasts but enjoyed the Final Trial, was like a collection of shrine puzzles, and the rotating made sense in this one whereas the DBs were just a drawn out pain to me, constantly shifting this one, that one, this one again.

Gotta say I do love the bike ;)

Caporegime
Finished the Champion Ballads DLC yesterday. As others have mentioned the reused content of going to the same divine beasts again was a bit of a snore fest.

However, the one hit obliterator made things interesting, but it was a shame you couldn't opt to carry it around at the expense of having no health. Also the final trial was fun. The boss battle was as tough as Ganon should have been IMO.

I do get the feeling/impression that Nintendo drastically reduced the resources available to work on this. Would explain the delays and mostly reused content.

Still, thats Zelda done for now. Give it a year or so and I think I'll reattempt the game on Master mode :D

Soldato
Did you not beat Ganon both before and after doing the divine beasts? It's a much more interesting fight before you try easy mode and the game really encourages you to try it.
I'm two divine beasts into the main quest line at the moment and I can't say i've encountered much encouragement from the game to go and try it on with Ganon before pursuing these elements of the game?

Man of Honour
I'm two divine beasts into the main quest line at the moment and I can't say i've encountered much encouragement from the game to go and try it on with Ganon before pursuing these elements of the game?

They egg you on at the great plateau so off I went to go bop Ganon immediately.

Man of Honour
To be fair I got wrecked, but I went back a few times when I had better armour and more hearts and beat him before the first divine beast.

It was a great challenge though, perhaps the best in the game. Once you beat the divine beasts and have the cheating master sword you can beat Ganon by rolling your face across the controller.

Caporegime
Whether or not he was easy. There is a definite sense of achievement to spend 150+ hours building up to him though.

He just should have been about 5 times harder than he actually was :p

Soldato
^ I'd echo that, I love building up to be the true hero but was expecting a tougher challenge at the end, it was harder work to get through the castle than defeating Ganon.

Still the best game I've played this generation, wish I could wipe my memory and play it fresh.

Back
Top Bottom