• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Who's ditching 1080 for 2080? (11 series ) ?

Associate
Ill be selling my STRIX 1080TI so i can buy the next 2080TI. The 1080TI is just not quite there with constant 60fps @4K on most AAA titles.....

Same here, I built my rig earlier this year, picked up a 1080ti as a stopgap until a true 4k card launches (either Nvidia or AMD).

Soldato
...but by the time the 2080Ti launches, game graphics will have advanced too so you're still not quite there ;)
I never play immediately released AAA games. I always wait for them to be out for a year or so and then pick them up on the cheap. I expect at that time to be able to 4k the **** out of them ;).

i appreciate i didnt make this clear in my first post.

Associate
I got a ps 4 pro and love the exclusive games. I am still happy I dropped 1350 on a gpu and cooling solution for the pc games I play.

Between wow and total war I have played over 1400 hr hours since I bought that gpu. So for me the 0.96p per day I paid for the gpu vs usages was well worth it :)

Associate
I don't think I would wait another year for just for the GTX1180 TI to be released to long I will buy the GTX1080 TI this year again when the price drops

Associate
Wow. So your willing to pay what they were priced at new not long back for a second hand card. From a company who are notoriously bad with warranty, especially with 2nd owners

Best of luck!
FYI, It's brand new. I have my warranty and purchase receipt sorted. Never had warranty issues so.. :)

Soldato
Only have to look at God of war 4 to see what PC gaming is missing out in terms of visuals. **** it I'm buying a PS4 pro, I'm done with rip off PC gaming, £1000 GPUs lol.

Unfortunately I have to agree with this statement. PC gaming prices have gone out of control and with the new gen coming it’ll only get worse.

Back
Top Bottom