Why does Overclockers not sell real gaming chairs ?

Associate
By that I mean comfortable chairs meant for long play sessions with real back support.

No offence meant to overclockers I've been a loyal customer for many years but this is something important.

Cost may be one problem but we spend £800+ on a graphics card or VR.

I bought a nice gaming chair from OC nearly 2 years ago and it suited me fine until I spent some time in an office using a Steelcase chair, you know that it is a good experience when after 12 hours your back feels in better shape than when you first sat down.

I could not go back to a gaming chair and instead bought myself a Steelcase Please (was going for a leapv2) I also got to try some Herman Miller chairs, its like you are sitting on air almost, they breath and move with you.

We are not in race cars we do not need to be strapped into a bucket seat because of the G forces on the track, a real gaming chair is one that offers support and moves with your body.

With the high end stuff Overclockers sells you would think these would fit well.

Caporegime
to answer your question OP. they never will because it's a niche market satisfied by other retailers like john lewis, etc.

£899 not high end enough. What had you in mind?
Andi.

Price =/= Quality

The chairs they sell are all gimmicky "gaming" products much like a lot of gaming peripherals like headsets, etc. you can buy better for cheaper elsewhere.

Twitch streamers rarely use 'proper' chairs and all bought into having a bucket seat, they stock what sells.

pretty much this. all the streamers are using the gimmicky chairs as they are sponsored by them. so every gamer then wants the same as the streamers. it's all just marketing hype.

Associate
The arm/elbow rests just don't look long enough to be all that comfortable on some of those expensive chairs...the Please ones look like they're stubs!

Soldato
Recaro make some nice race / office chairs using actual Recaro seats, I expect they will last a very long time, the only issue is there £2k+ each.

Associate
I've seen quite a few terrible customer support stories on Reddit with screenshots from a well known gaming chair company.

Besides that, looks far too gimmicky and l33t g4m3r for me. I'm using a standard Ikea Markus chair and a foot rest, it's okay for my needs.

Soldato
Yep Ikea Markus here too and for Ikea stuff, it's actually good :D

I totally agree the Ikea stuff is very robust, I have a couple of Nominell office chairs, there really for when people visit but they are very strong. My main office chair is something more expensive and looks better then the Ikea chair, however I don't expect it will last as long.

On the Ikea front I also have lots of Ikea Galant desks I purchased second hand, those Ikea Galant desks are really good quality also.

Associate
I would also like to see ocuk sell proper chairs. The racing chairs look naff to me as an adult and the ergonomics are pretty shocking as well.

Back
Top Bottom