Anybody used RGB Hubs

Associate
I got the Phanteks digital starter kit the hub and contoller seem very basic and run fine with basic lighting features Im not using the hub atm just got rgb strips connected to my motherboard hearder to sync with aura, the Phanteks stuff daisy chain well without the hub.

Soldato
I've got the NZXT Hue+. Great bit of kit, but very pricey. Is it worth it? Absolutely not. Is it fun? Definitely.

Associate
I have Corsair one with Corsair glass case great kit with colour change memory also Corsair water cooler looks great easy setup and control with there app

have a nzxt case with water and rgb but nice as it is I prefer the Corsair

Soldato
I use the Corsair one, Phanteks in another build which links into ASUS Aura and Aquacompter (Farbwerk units which link into my Aquero unit)

Corsair commander Pro is a nice unit as is the Lighting node pro, both SATA powered and color options are plentiful. Only downside is it does not interact with motherboard lighting utilities which are prevalent. Can hook 4 RGB strips in an chain for each channel (2 channels on the commander pro or lighting node pro) and access each one individually, have the synchronized patters and what not. Only downside is there is a slightly lengthy cable between each strip which is idel for navigating bends for each strip, but means if side by side there is a slight dark spot unless you bunch up the cable (easily done) Commander Pro as a whole is a neat unit if you plug your fans and what not directly into it.

Phanteks unit is also pretty nice and I find it worked well. I have moved to plugging it all into a Asus motherboard so everything now syncs up which is even better to be honest.

If your just after lighting, grab the Corsair Node Pro, comes with 4 addressable RGB strips with another 4 more that can be added per module. Is it expensive as most of these addressable RGB kits are, but are neat.

Associate
Am i right in thinking if the motherboard has an RGB header you can control all the the LEDs through the manufacturer's sofware, mystic light, aura etc without need of a hub like Hue+ ?

unless you want certain modes only available via the hubs?

Associate
I use the NZXT Hue+ as well, used the Hue+ with the strips for just over 2yrs and and just bought the NZXT Aer RGB 140mm fans when I changed my case two weeks ago.

Love the Hue+ and would have no hesitation of buying it again. With the Hue+ and fans you can have 4 strips on one channel and 5 fans on another channel. Each LED can be controlled individually and both fans and strips sync perfectly.

Associate
I started off buying the Corsair Lighting Node pro kit and it turned into nothing but a faff with the software not playing ball and the lights only working for the first 10 seconds of their installation.

I eventually returned them to Amazon and bought the Phanteks digital RGB starter kit instead and have been extremely happy with that since its installation.

Back
Top Bottom