iPhone Battery Condition

Permabanned
They shouldn't have put that setting there to disable it. People with non-Apple batteries can't use that app because all that happens is that you get a spinning wheel. Hence you can't Enable/Disable the setting. So they are restricting use.

Caporegime
They shouldn't have put that setting there to disable it. People with non-Apple batteries can't use that app because all that happens is that you get a spinning wheel. Hence you can't Enable/Disable the setting. So they are restricting use.

If you can change the battery though it’s no biggy. Once you get performance degradation just change it.

Deleted member 138126

D

Deleted member 138126

Friend of mine recently got his iPhone 6 battery replaced at iSmash (i.e. non-Apple), and the battery health tool says 100%, so it definitely works with 3rd party batteries.

Soldato
We shall see, at this stage I think for the pad they will hold off, mainly as they probably don't wish to admit what level of issue might exist on such devices over time.

Deleted member 138126

D

Deleted member 138126

My launch day iPhone 6 is still showing 100%. I'm not sure this thing is very accurate. I guess it is still beta though
That can't be right... 3.5 year-old iPhone should be showing way less than 90% by now. My wife's 7 (18 months old) *with* the Apple battery case (which keeps the phone fully charged as much as it can) is showing 89% health. Even my X is now showing 99%.

Soldato
Download a program called 3uTools. It's quite a polished program and it has a tab in there that can show you battery health % and charge cycles. You do need iTunes installed too to use it though.

Associate
That can't be right... 3.5 year-old iPhone should be showing way less than 90% by now. My wife's 7 (18 months old) *with* the Apple battery case (which keeps the phone fully charged as much as it can) is showing 89% health. Even my X is now showing 99%.

My sister has a 2nd hand 6. She’s struggling with battery life and is going to get changed soon. Hers is showing 96% health. Like I said. Not very accurate

Deleted member 138126

D

Deleted member 138126

My sister has a 2nd hand 6. She’s struggling with battery life and is going to get changed soon. Hers is showing 96% health. Like I said. Not very accurate
Wow, seriously inaccurate.

Associate
Download a program called 3uTools. It's quite a polished program and it has a tab in there that can show you battery health % and charge cycles. You do need iTunes installed too to use it though.

Installed and got this

7zLWVQB.jpg.png

Why is my actual capacity higher than the design capacity?

Not that I'm bothered anyway. My battery life and performance are both fine, hence I haven't bothered to upgrade

Don
OP
Went into Apple this morning. Was told 80-100% was acceptable for battery condition but mine was replaced free of charge because their diagnostics detected that my phone had shut itself down due to a battery anomaly (my phone doesn’t like being at 13k feet apparently but didn’t mention that).

The proper diagnostic tool they used said the same battery condition as the latest update.

Back
Top Bottom