• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Ryzen "2" ?

Klo

Klo

Soldato
As i understand it, He, whatever his name is at Gamers Nexus didn't get a Threadripper review sample, not that many did and he was not one of them, so he spat his dummy out at AMD, he's been trying to rebuild the relationship with AMD ever since, seems he hasen't managed it yet.

He felt that allowing some reviewers to have preferential treatment on unboxing videos before release date was immoral, so as a protect he just realeased the results early. Apparently AMD changed their policy based on it, but obviously it didn't put GN on the good books of AMD, so he didn't get a sample this time around. Doesn't seem to matter though, as he's had the CPU's longer than most reviewers will hopefully have more time to give good reviews.

Permabanned
As i understand it, He, whatever his name is at Gamers Nexus didn't get a Threadripper review sample, not that many did and he was not one of them, so he spat his dummy out at AMD, he's been trying to rebuild the relationship with AMD ever since, seems he hasen't managed it yet.

Well Steve is ONLY reviewer that I trust nowadays. Proper in deep tests proper overclocking and no ********. If something is **** he will say its **** no sugar coating :)
After all he purchased Titan V sgutted it moded and did proper overclocking test
How many so called Reviewers would do this ??

Associate
Well Steve is ONLY reviewer that I trust nowadays. Proper in deep tests proper overclocking and no ********. If something is **** he will say its **** no sugar coating :)
After all he purchased Titan V sgutted it moded and did proper overclocking test
His reviews are great

Soldato

I watched the Nexus recent video about the new Ryzen chips. He said he won't divulge new Ryzen cpu data, even though he technically could, to not be a dick in front of AMD and other reviewers. He went to great pains to say this over and over again so that AMD will give him toys next time around :p

Caporegime

After the Threadripper fiasco and his reaction to it i don't, when he eventually did do a Threadripper review he actually laughed and snarled at the fact that it had 16 cores, snarling and laughing it was utterly useless because of nVidia CUDA, that to me shows his true maturity and how clueless he is, as JayZ2Cents pointed out the more CPU cores you have the faster CUDA works.
I think he thinks he knows better than anyone and with that he feels entitled, a bit like a bratty child, and then behaves like one when he doesn't get his own way.
That's why AMD have washed their hands of him, he's a brat.

Soldato

I can't watch him. He makes me want to pressure wash him and drag him to a barber.

Associate

Only one of the big reviewers I take any notice of now. Goes to lengths no one else gets near.

Associate
Will the performance between the 2700 (65w TDP) & 2700x (105w TDP) be massive?

I am currently using an M-ITX build with a 4770k (84w TDP) in a Dan Case A4. The temps get rather toasty at times with a Noctua NH-L9i.

So the reason I am thinking about getting a 2700 is the lower TDP which is only 65 watts and should help bring down temps even more.

Soldato
hmmm 8700k or ryzen 2700x :D
computer is freaking out so i need to get something now rather than wait lol of even if i waited god knows when intel will bring something out thats faster.... hmm choices ....

Associate
hmmm 8700k or ryzen 2700x :D
computer is freaking out so i need to get something now rather than wait lol of even if i waited god knows when intel will bring something out thats faster.... hmm choices ....

Intel aren't releasing anything faster than 8700k this year and Ryzen 2 is coming out in less than 5 days.

Just get something in a week, or you'll be waiting forever for the next best thing. Appreciate what is out now. :)

Back
Top Bottom