**** The Official Nokia 6 (2018) Thread ****

Associate
Doesn't any of the nokia phones support APTX?

The option is there and selectable in the developer options on my Nokia 6 (2018). Nothing to test it with though!

First impressions are pretty good - was expecting it to be smaller than my 930. It's lighter and thinner but a bit wider. Used to it already so not a big problem. Android is fast and snappy, camera is very responsive too. Not had a chance to properly test the camera for quality, however.

I'm impressed with the build quality as it's a solid bit of kit. The anoised finish looks smart and feels nice in the hand, although the edges are a bit sharp. Not sure how the finish is going to hold up but only time will tell (after a couple of years, my old anodised HTC one s started going silver).

Soldato
The option is there and selectable in the developer options on my Nokia 6 (2018). Nothing to test it with though!

First impressions are pretty good - was expecting it to be smaller than my 930. It's lighter and thinner but a bit wider. Used to it already so not a big problem. Android is fast and snappy, camera is very responsive too. Not had a chance to properly test the camera for quality, however.

I'm impressed with the build quality as it's a solid bit of kit. The anoised finish looks smart and feels nice in the hand, although the edges are a bit sharp. Not sure how the finish is going to hold up but only time will tell (after a couple of years, my old anodised HTC one s started going silver).

Is it dual SIM?

Soldato
https://www.gsmarena.com/the_nokia_6_2018_is_coming_to_nl_soon_starting_at_279_euro-news-29982.php

279 Euro for the 32GB
299 Euro for the 64GB

So likely £249/£279.

Can't make up my mind what to get now - ideally wanted the new 6 but thought 4GB RAM would be standard (but it's only on the 64GB version), which then makes the Nokia 7 seem more attractive. However if spending that much, then I could get the current Nokia 8 in stock now :(

EDIT:
Annoyingly Nokia 8 has been discounted to £349 at CPW as well...

Yesterday I received my 2018 Nokia 6 4Gb/64Gb (TA-1068) from Toby - £199.99 and 6 day delivery as I ordered Wed 18th. Seems too good a deal to be true as they say, so I'm waiting for something to be wrong with it. It all seems good far though.

Soldato
Yesterday I received my 2018 Nokia 6 4Gb/64Gb (TA-1068) from Toby - £199.99 and 6 day delivery as I ordered Wed 18th. Seems too good a deal to be true as they say, so I'm waiting for something to be wrong with it. It all seems good far though.

I would have paid the extra £30 and bought it from CPW. You know if it goes wrong you are screwed?

Soldato
Just upgraded to one of these from my two year old Huawei P9. I've not owned a Nokia in years, so we'll see how it does...

Associate
So people with this phone. What's your opinion so far? I'm considering buying one. I have read the camera is a little poor, is this any better with a different camera app?

Permabanned
Picked up the 4gb/64gb version from Toby deals for £164 delivered. A real steal at that price. Great phone, that I can't really fault other than a slightly large bevel and a questionable fingerprint sensor location.

Soldato
My father purchased the 3Gb/32Gb Nokia 6.1 from CPW yesterday as an upgrade from a Moto G3 1Gb. It's slightly old school, but very solid. I'm sure it will serve him well for the next few years.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom