MSI Leopard/Apache Pro vs Gigabyte Sabre

Associate
Hi, I have a £1000 budget and I'm torn between these laptops:

** Do not link to competitors, please re-read the rules **

I'm looking for something powerful although I tend to play less demanding games like Sims 3 and Minecraft (don't judge please). I'm also keen to have a laptop that looks and feels like it's good quality and considering I'm unable to see these laptops in person before buying, it'd be helpful to hear from owners. I've also fallen in love with the multicolour backlit keys on all models I've linked to which is now a must. The MSI laptops I've picked are both 15.6" screens as opposed to the 17.3" screen of the Gigabyte which is a main factor that is tearing me apart - years back I owned a 17.3" laptop and loved the larger screen size. However I can't seem to find an MSI laptop with the backlit keys at 17.3" within my budget. I'm also aware that the Gigabyte laptop has less RAM - but ive never owned a laptop with more than 8gb RAM before anyway, is it worth it for me?

How much better are the specs on the MSI models ive shared than the Gigabyte model? What about graphics cards as I don't know much about them - is one significantly better than the others? Am I better off with an MSI model at 15.6" or the 17.3" Gigabyte? Or can anyone recommend another laptop with similar performance, that also looks good with the same backlit keys?

Please and thank you!

Last edited by a moderator:
Associate
I would always pick a Gigabyte over MSI, I'd even sacrifice some performance if needed to stay within budget.

The MSI's are great, however it really depends how their recent conduct bothers you or not.

As per both of these, getting a Gigabyte over an MSI is recommended for reasons linked to in my sig.

Also, support on these forums from the vendor reps is non-existent from MSI but @Atom80 from Gigabyte/AORUS is always on hand to help when needed.

Back
Top Bottom