• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Nvidia Ampere might launch as GeForce GTX 2070 and 2080 on April 12th

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Guys you're going to be waiting sometime yet. It appears nvidia are only just looking at clearing pascal cards when you see gibbo drop some prices then you know nvidia will be looking at revealing the new cards soon. Then you will still be waiting a couple months till that release then probably. So well into 2h like i always said all the way back in 2017. Enjoy your cards for a while longer yet :) I'll probably stick onto my 1080ti as i don't do much gaming nowa days but still keep upto date with new tech!
It will be here in 2-3 months I think. I will just pick up a founders edition one this time as I don’t fancy waiting a few months for aftermarket cards. I can then sell for a aftermarket card later if need be.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I dunno what to do, the GTX1080 seems so powerful I just want to pull it out and give it a big hug! And look at it, even in 2018 and be like WOW! But I dunno....
Wish I could have said the same, but at 4K these days with games like Final Fantasy 15 you really need 1080Ti performance at a bare minimum. That is why I sold my 1080 once I was done playing games I wanted. From the top of my head I have not gamed on the PC for months now.

Caporegime
Ah, isn't nVidia's GPU monopoly great? turned out just as we had hoped.
AMD aren't entirely without blame, no matter that certain members here would like their corporate logo to have a halo above it.

AMD have made many ****-ups that have put them in this position. It's almost entirely their own fault. There's a little bit of consumer bias against them, but their failures with Bulldozer et al are 100% on them.

Associate
Wish I could have said the same, but at 4K these days with games like Final Fantasy 15 you really need 1080Ti performance at a bare minimum. That is why I sold my 1080 once I was done playing games I wanted. From the top of my head I have not gamed on the PC for months now.

I played the beta on a 670 on low settings at 1080p and I was getting 40fps, just felt awful.

Associate
I dunno what to do, the GTX1080 seems so powerful I just want to pull it out and give it a big hug! And look at it, even in 2018 and be like WOW! But I dunno....

Agree completely. All I'm looking for in the next gen. is something along the same lines as the 1080 in terms of performance, but at a lower price.

Probably won't arrive until the tail-end of the year in third-party cards, but I don't see any games coming along in the interim that would force my hand, so I'll just wait - and wish - patiently. :)

Caporegime
Agree completely. All I'm looking for in the next gen. is something along the same lines as the 1080 in terms of performance, but at a lower price.
Yeah, about that... we may be disappointed, even if that's all we're after.

Prices set to rise again like they did from 9 series to 10 series, according to most rumours. And hints from certain posters here.

Man of Honour
Yeah, about that... we may be disappointed, even if that's all we're after.

Prices set to rise again like they did from 9 series to 10 series, according to most rumours. And hints from certain posters here.

Given that 16FF has matured - not sure about current 12FF on yields/price - it wouldn't surprise me if nVidia tried to keep the Pascal gravy train going even if they do introduce a new line - maybe shuffling the current Pascal cards down the lineup and sticking in a couple of (non-Pascal) new halo cards.

Caporegime
maybe shuffling the current Pascal cards down the lineup and sticking in a couple of (non-Pascal) new halo cards.

Can definitely see this, especially if the rumour about the new architecture's performance improvements are centred more around DX12/Vulkan than DX11 and previous (which is fine by me, I'd prefer a more forward looking architecture).

Soldato
f9949013ec97621921c76a98938975eb3cba7f7a28149041ecbb334d72385a4d.jpg

Man of Honour
Can definitely see this, especially if the rumour about the new architecture's performance improvements are centred more around DX12/Vulkan than DX11 and previous (which is fine by me, I'd prefer a more forward looking architecture).

While nVidia has released cards at all kind of points they often target June or November so that would be my guesses for the next releases.

Back
Top Bottom