The Official Hearthstone : Heroes of Warcraft Thread

Soldato
I was planning on waiting a bit before crafting stuff, but I'm tempted by the Odd/Even legendaries just for the build around potential. It's either that or fill in some bits from older expansions that I'm missing.

I spent everything I have on that even palidin deck from my last post and so far really enjoying it. So many crazy situations and always having cards on deck is a lot of fun.

Anyone else been playing arena? The new rush and echo cards to make for a more interesting game.

Caporegime
Shudderwock is broken beyond belief and I've no faith that Blizzard do any internal testing at all.

Having played it some, and against it some. I don't think it's actually all that. It's crazy, and if you pull it off it works well, but you need to run a lot of Battlecry cards before hand to make it work and the deck you need to get it to work is just not all that good. That means that you often fail to make much headway with it and lose before you can get it off. Even getting it off is not guaranteed win because you're usually in a bad place by then.

Caporegime
Soldato
I've just got up to Rank 12, going 15-5 with my Genn Call-to-Arms deck. It's pretty stompy.

I expect it'd work pretty well, it has the right moving parts.

Yeah the even paladin deck I coppied has been working well I went from rank 10 to rank 5 Which is far higher than I had ever been.
Call to arms is really good when you are only getting 2's, I also added in 2 pint sized summoners to reduce the cost of other cards.

Today at rank 5 nearly every match has been odd face hunter. Kind of stuck where I am right now need to change the deck slightly to deal with this face hunter situation. It's close match normally against the face hunters but normally they are killing me 1 turn before I kill them.

What 2 cost cards are you using with your paladin?

Caporegime
I have 2 Drygluch Jailors, 2 Knife Jugglers, 2 Stubborn Gastropods, 2 Dire Wolf Alphas, and a Master Swordsmith. I did have Plated Beatles but I think the Dire Wolves are better. I probably need to play about a bit to find the best minions to use. The Jailors and the Jugglers are core to the deck functioning properly (even if I occasionally mill myself with the Jailors), and the Gastropods provide much needed protection to the other minions. The others I think I'll play about with a bit more.

Compared to the deck you're running I have a fair bit more buff. I run 2 Sound the Bells, a Blessing of Kings, and two Bonemares as well as the Spikeridged Steeds.

I'm now up to rank 8 after a streak of 16 consecutive wins (and 25-6 overall), ended by a Baku Paladin deck.

Soldato
I have 2 Drygluch Jailors, 2 Knife Jugglers, 2 Stubborn Gastropods, 2 Dire Wolf Alphas, and a Master Swordsmith. I did have Plated Beatles but I think the Dire Wolves are better. I probably need to play about a bit to find the best minions to use. The Jailors and the Jugglers are core to the deck functioning properly (even if I occasionally mill myself with the Jailors), and the Gastropods provide much needed protection to the other minions. The others I think I'll play about with a bit more.

Compared to the deck you're running I have a fair bit more buff. I run 2 Sound the Bells, a Blessing of Kings, and two Bonemares as well as the Spikeridged Steeds.

I'm now up to rank 8 after a streak of 16 consecutive wins (and 25-6 overall), ended by a Baku Paladin deck.

I think I need to add them 2 stubborn gastopods to my deck.

I might also add the sound the bells I love that card in arena mode.

Also congrats on the win streak

Soldato
Yeah and you have to watch it all. No alternative. If you leave you lose so...

Just idiotic design.

If the turn is taking 10 minutes then it's a good bet you've lost.

If you want to know for sure if you can concede you should be counting the cards they play. If they have played Grumble, at least one Chain Gang, at least one Lifedrinker and Murmuring Elemental then you've lost unless Grumble goes off before Chain Gang. If they played all that and also cast a Murmuring before they cast Shudderwock then you've lost unless you can OTK them (or outright with four Lifedrinkers). If they reduced the cost of that Murmuring to 0 with a Murmured Fire Plume Harbinger and played at least two Lifedrinker battlecries then they win outright by playing a second Shudderwock.

Caporegime
I haven't came up against 1 shudderwock online so I guess it's not a problem.

You probably have - noticed a Shaman deck with a lot of battlecries? - but they just failed to get the 'Wok off? I've played ten or so, but only twice did they get to the 'Wok, and neither time did they win. I've won a couple with my 'Wok deck but I don't have Grumble to help the finish even so when I've 'Wok'd I've won.

Associate
I've built a shudderwock deck. It's overrated. The chances of getting the right cards in place at the right time are low. I'm nearly dead when I can play it.
The other battlecry cards in the deck have to be ones directing damage specifically at the enemy as shudderwock picks random targets. I've won a few games but none have been an overwhelming win.

Soldato
You probably have - noticed a Shaman deck with a lot of battlecries? - but they just failed to get the 'Wok off? I've played ten or so, but only twice did they get to the 'Wok, and neither time did they win. I've won a couple with my 'Wok deck but I don't have Grumble to help the finish even so when I've 'Wok'd I've won.

Yeah my decks fairly aggressive so I have probably killed them before they played it.

Soldato
I've got odd paladin. Currently running a 76% win rate over 25 games from rank 20 to 16. Would've preferred to run even paladin but it was too expensive in dust for me.

Shudderwock is broken beyond belief and I've no faith that Blizzard do any internal testing at all.
It's not broken, just needs the animation times changing or limiting

Permabanned
Haven't dipped in to hearthstone but I predict the ''whizbang the wonderful' card from the next expansion will bring lots of people back to the game which is quite an achievement for a single card. Hats off to blizzard for some nice design.

Man of Honour
Haven't dipped in to hearthstone but I predict the ''whizbang the wonderful' card from the next expansion will bring lots of people back to the game which is quite an achievement for a single card. Hats off to blizzard for some nice design.

I bet they feel the drop in pack sales from that. The single card pretty much gives you several decks for every class it seems.

Man of Honour
You still get to play casually with a full deck every single game. Hell, the whole deck is golden if you craft this golden. Full on variety for free almost.

You can pick which hero, because you have to build the deck for that class (which is simply putting this card in it).

Permabanned
But you can't pick the deck; can't tune the deck; and can't even pick the hero.

It's a taster card. That's all.

I think it is quite a bit more than a taster card in the vein of Price Malchezaar... There will be people who climb to legend solely with this card and in achieving this they will have to master multiple decks and strategically pick what they play... I appreciate it isn't for everyone but you can't argue with the possibility of the design and accessabily options it opens up.

Caporegime
You still get to play casually with a full deck every single game. Hell, the whole deck is golden if you craft this golden. Full on variety for free almost.

Yeah, sure, and that'd be okay but it misses most of the game. I'm not saying it won't see play but it's a pretty average card overall. Fun, but hardly effective.

You can pick which hero, because you have to build the deck for that class (which is simply putting this card in it).

That was not how I understood it works, but we'll have to wait and see on that, I think.

Back
Top Bottom