Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

Associate
this weeks rainforest purchase

ryyTGta.jpg

i'm surprised how good this sounds given the price no hissing or anything, spotify on my floorstanders sounds great using it.

Last edited:
Soldato
Amazon is blatantly an OCUK Competitor, I don't get what peoples problem on this forum with people calling it rainforest is. just as everyone calls a certain other competitor the purple shirt brigade etc.
however I do get annoyed with people calling halfords halfrauds as if they are the wittiest people on the planet.

That said is the brand of that B-tooth dongle esinkin ? as it looks identical to my logitech one.

Caporegime
Maybe he went back in time and bought it from Jungle.com

Why do people say "the rainforest" anyway? It's not like Amazon is an OcUK competitor.

Because it used to be.

So a lot of posters from back then got used to calling it the rainforest and it stuck.

Associate
That said is the brand of that B-tooth dongle esinkin ? as it looks identical to my logitech one.

aye it is have to agree looks like they have blatantly copied the design from the logitech adaptor. would have thought a company as big as logitech would have patent protection on there design.

Soldato
Why do people say "the rainforest" anyway? It's not like Amazon is an OcUK competitor.
Because Amazon is an OcUK competitor, and while most of the mods turn a blind eye to mentioning it these days some posters have been stung in the past and some others are just sticklers for following the rules.

Soldato
I think you're generally fine unless you're comparing ocuk directly to amazon (or whoever) on pc parts.

I think a rule clarification is probably in order though because people seem to be struggling.

Soldato
I thought the rules were already clear, no mention of anyone selling equipment sold by OCUK. Amazon has been highlighted as having a wider range and therefore we can mention them in relation to non OCUK bits.
Andi.

Soldato
I think a rule clarification is probably in order though because people seem to be struggling.
This would be a good idea, having rules that the mods either don't enforce or enforce erratically is a bit of a problem. As evidenced by the fact we're now at the point where posters are mocking other posters for following the rules lol.

PC parts only you can link products to amazon no problem.
Actually even that is against the rules, there's no loophole for context, if the company in question sells anything OcUK does it's classed as a competitor and linking to their site or mentioning their name are both listed as prohibited in the forum rules.

Caporegime
This yet it seems that this rule has been superseded by the one that so long as you are not referring to things which ocuk sell you can name anybody. But it' a bit silly that neither the rules have been updated to reflect this and even Mods have started mocking posters who arent naming other retailers.

Soldato
Because Amazon is an OcUK competitor, and while most of the mods turn a blind eye to mentioning it these days some posters have been stung in the past and some others are just sticklers for following the rules.
Let be honest though, if the mods really wanted to clamp down on this, they would only have to include "rainforest" in their search terms when looking for "violaters"

Back
Top Bottom