God of War 4

Soldato
Hope this is more TLOU than Uncharted.

Whilst Uncharted graphics and story were good it was basically a game on rails , you could complete 95% of the game pressing up and X. The combat wasn't really all that good either.

Soldato
This is not a cheap game, everywhere is near on £50 - not a cheap game at all. I love GOW and I am not keen on buying games at launch anymore - but this is one game I must play lol

Soldato
Have to agree. Im not keen on buying games at launch either. I do make the odd exception though (DBZ, UFC 3, TLoU). I still havent purchased Horizon Dawn yet!

Soldato
CDKEYS.com £50 for £45.99 - Digital is £52, so makes the game digital pre order around £48 - about on par with most places, still expensive. But very tempted.

Soldato
This is not a cheap game, everywhere is near on £50 - not a cheap game at all. I love GOW and I am not keen on buying games at launch anymore - but this is one game I must play lol
Smyths had it up for 40.99 as you get £5 off when you pre-order but I don't trust them getting it to me on time :(

Soldato
Smyths had it up for 40.99 as you get £5 off when you pre-order but I don't trust them getting it to me on time :(

Just looked and it says £3 ?

I've just got £50 PSN vouchers for £45.99 + 5% off at CDKEYS.com makes it £43. Its £52 on PSN - so I've got it digitally for £45 as I rarely trade games in, and its 100% for sure on launch day via PSN - with pre load , in fact CDKEYS.com had 12 months PS+ for £39.99 and I got 5% off that as well, making that the cheapest PS+ 12 months sub at something like 30% off, so I'm feeling a little happier to pay £52 for GOW now, as I think I've got a better deal then buying directly from PSN by using CDKEYS.com vouchers and 5% facebook like discount.

Soldato
Just looked and it says £3 ?

I've just got £50 PSN vouchers for £45.99 + 5% off at CDKEYS.com makes it £43. Its £52 on PSN - so I've got it digitally for £45 as I rarely trade games in, and its 100% for sure on launch day via PSN - with pre load , in fact CDKEYS.com had 12 months PS+ for £39.99 and I got 5% off that as well, making that the cheapest PS+ 12 months sub at something like 30% off, so I'm feeling a little happier to pay £52 for GOW now, as I think I've got a better deal then buying directly from PSN by using CDKEYS.com vouchers and 5% facebook like discount.

Ahh ok it seems Smyths have changed the offer, I imagine they sold loads as it was.

That's a good deal you ended up with really :)

Caporegime
Has everyone here played the first three games?

I’ve never played one and all this hype makes me want to try the series out and by the time I’m finished this should be cheap.

Soldato
Has everyone here played the first three games?

I’ve never played one and all this hype makes me want to try the series out and by the time I’m finished this should be cheap.

Played all of them through, and the HD remasters (apart from GOW 2, couldnt bring myself to finish the remaster of that after having pushed through it on my Ps2 back in the day).

The series list for me, best to worst *and they are all damn good*

1)GOW 3
2)GOW
3)GOW Ascension
4)GOW 2
5)GOW Ghost of Sparta
6)GOW Chains of Olympus

GOW 3 is a thing of beauty, it just goes from one epic scene to another and never really slows down. The PS4 remaster of it is great as well (the Ps3 version was beautiful in its own right).

Soldato
Yea God of war 3 was the best for me. Watched a "best bosses from the God of War series" video the other day and most of them, including the top ones were all from GoW3 :)

Soldato
Originally wasnt going to pick this up but got a discount code come through for Very.co.uk. Couldn't really pass it up especially with how good the reviews have been.

Last edited:
Soldato
I've played all the GOW games and for me it must be -

GOW 3
GOW
GOW 2
GOW Ascension
GOW Ghost of Sparta
GOW Chains of Olympus

However they are all damn good games, but GOW 3 was a whole new level back when I played it, even the remaster on PS4 is damn good.

Looking forward to God of War PS4 - this should be good considering I love the series.

Soldato
I'm contemplating getting 3 Remastered if it goes on sale, it was epic when I played it on PS3. Will hold off on this one, too many games to finish and I don't mind waiting for a price drop.

Back
Top Bottom