Gmail & Outlook issues on Pixel 2 XL

Soldato
Hello,

I am facing a peculiar issues with a Pixel 2 XL phone, I had my gmail account set for the phone to set up, and my Exchange works email that was set on Gmail app. I have switched from the Gmail App Outlook for mobile for the Exchange emails.
The issues I am facing now:
While I removed the Exchange account from gmail app I realised I have got rid of all my phone contacts that come from the Work Exchange email,
That would not be such and Issue except the Exchange on the gmail doesn't let me re add the account again saying its already set on the device
When I open app gmail app there is nothing there. (the other google account was just to setup the phone there is no mail set to sync.)
I tried deleting the Outlook exchange account that deleted succesfully and try to re add the email to Gmail, no luck but interestingly the Outlook app now has similar error to the Gmail saying I cannot add existing account.

The funy bit on all of this is now both Gmail app (Exchange) And Outlook app DO NOT show under accounts but the outlook apps works.
Still no contacts.

I am hoping I can just wipe some kind of cash partition to solve this issues and not have to restore to factory.

I have tried:
*Reboot
*turn off and on again
*clear cash on the Gmail app (not the user data.)

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Soldato
OP
I have sorted this out by cleaning the Cash + User data on the gmail app after recommendation from pixel support.

Back
Top Bottom