• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Ryzen "2" ?

Soldato
The only time I have seen jay do a proper critiscm is when he didnt get a review sample, then he does a review to bash that said product, he did it with the last titan as an example.

That guy who reviews smartphones, gave one of the recent iphones a really bad review, and he of course mentioned in that video he happened to not get a review sample, so its as if he felt he had to return the favour.

So in short if you usually get review samples and then you dont, the non review sample review tends to be biased the other way, as they feel they have to seek revenge.

Caporegime
when people are given items or asscociated with a product you cant expect anything but a biased view.

For the first time, ever, i think? i agree with this guy. :O well to a limited degree, i do think some of them try to be unbiased even if they had been given the hardware.

The only time I have seen jay do a proper critiscm is when he didnt get a review sample, then he does a review to bash that said product, he did it with the last titan as an example.

That guy who reviews smartphones, gave one of the recent iphones a really bad review, and he of course mentioned in that video he happened to not get a review sample, so its as if he felt he had to return the favour.

So in short if you usually get review samples and then you dont, the non review sample review tends to be biased the other way, as they feel they have to seek revenge.

And then there is that ^^^^ yes.

Associate
I'm curious if there will be any performance loss if we stick a 2700X into an X370 mobo or if the X370 mobo/chipset will just lack the new XFR and precision boost features which are negated if you overclock anyway.

I also want to know this.

other than overclocking will there be any other advantage in getting an X470 board>

Soldato
I think OC3D did some criticism of a free sample, with the asus strix 370 boards? A pretty rare event.

Basically he did a "delayed" video to explain why there was no benchmarking as he wanted to "give them a chance to fix it before publishing" as LLC did not work at all on that particular board, he even said in the video he would not be surprised if he got blacklisted for publishing the video.

Asus eventually released a fix bios, but that saga also revealed that their prime boards were substandard as ASUS announced the prime boards were never going to get a LLC fix as their hardware wasnt capable of not having vdroop.

Caporegime
I think OC3D did some criticism of a free sample, with the asus strix 370 boards? A pretty rare event.

Basically he did a "delayed" video to explain why there was no benchmarking as he wanted to "give them a chance to fix it before publishing" as LLC did not work at all on that particular board, he even said in the video he would not be surprised if he got blacklisted for publishing the video.

Asus eventually released a fix bios, but that saga also revealed that their prime boards were substandard as ASUS announced the prime boards were never going to get a LLC fix as their hardware wasnt capable of not having vdroop.

I didn't know that, thanks, interesting, it is indeed telling.
When actually think about that, it is extremely rare for any hardware to get anything other than a glowing review, really? nothing wrong with anything?

Caporegime
While on about reviewer bais and imatturity.

AdoredTV just pulled Steve at Hardware Unboxed to pieces.

A summery in short, Jim wanted to dispel the myth that bench marking at low resolution proves future performance of the CPU.

He did this by using the 2500K vs the FX-8350, while at the time the 2500K was faster than the FX-8350, but in modern titles the FX-8350 is faster than the 2500K thus dispelled said myth.

Steve reacted quite badly to this, he made his own review and sure enough the 2500K was still miles ahead, according to Steve, Jim studied it and found that a third of his titles are actually old 2500K era games but worse when Jim compared some of those reviews with the same reviews Steve had done in the past he found what was in some cases a large discrepancy in his results. The same benchmark at the same settings resulted in much better performance for the FX-8350 in those past reviews.

Now that's dodgy, that's writing whatever you like on the review slide to suit your own arguments.

Soldato
I also want to know this.

other than overclocking will there be any other advantage in getting an X470 board>

Other than the reviewers that have them in there hands at the moment, we, the great unwashed don't know yet. One thing we do know though, because Elmor has told us, is the 370 mobo's clock 4 sticks of ram better than the 470 mobo's and the 470 mobo's clock 2 sticks of ram better than the 370 mobo's when using a 2700X.

Permabanned
@Gibbo @8Pack Any chance of some Binned Zen+ chips ?? Would rather support OCUK than import from usa. At lest i know money will be burnt @ Santa pod not wasted on some crap :]
Promissed myself my next CPU will be binned not after having 4 bad clocking Cpus in row :/

Last edited:
Permabanned
Other than the reviewers that have them in there hands at the moment, we, the great unwashed don't know yet. One thing we do know though, because Elmor has told us, is the 370 mobo's clock 4 sticks of ram better than the 470 mobo's and the 470 mobo's clock 2 sticks of ram better than the 370 mobo's when using a 2700X.
Yup He confirmed today that for X470 You want 2x16 if ya after 32gb. Its due to how they changed VRM design.

Soldato
yeah that buildzoid breakdown of the 370 strix is damming humbug, I actually think the broken LLC was deliberate, they knew the voltage components were weak. Asus boards below top end ROG keep getting worse, its like bait and switch between generations. I suggest anyone here building ryzen 2 to go with asrock, unless you prepared to spend on the top end asus ROG board.

Soldato
so if you have 4 8GB sticks it wont be very good on the X470?

As Zeed has said, better on the 370. But let me give you my take on this. When released, the 370 was also worse for clocking 4 sticks of ram. It wasn't for some time that the 4 sticks of Hynix 3200 i had could run at 3200 stable. Got 4 sticks of B-die now that happily run at 3333.
This was down to bios maturity, i'm guessing the same thing will happen with the 470's as well because at some point another mobo with better VRM will hit the market.

Permabanned
yeah that buildzoid breakdown of the 370 strix is damming humbug, I actually think the broken LLC was deliberate, they knew the voltage components were weak. Asus boards below top end ROG keep getting worse, its like bait and switch between generations. I suggest anyone here building ryzen 2 to go with asrock, unless you prepared to spend on the top end asus ROG board.
I would have went asrock over C6H but NOT ENOUGH USBs insteadd some useless wifi..... Oculus rift takes 5 USBs !!!!

Soldato
which asrock board was you looking at zeed?

Bear in mind there is headers as well on board usually so can use case front connectors or other addon usb ports.

Caporegime

Do you have a link to that? i like his videos.

Back
Top Bottom