What have you done to your car today?

Soldato
Changed over to summer wheels (decided to put on 17's this year, rather than last years 18's.

Also, new front pads, and gave it a service.

40603492425_1389b06eec_c.jpg

Associate
So, been chasing a wheel vibration that seemed to happen since a wheel refurb. Thought I had it when I discovered the front wheels had absolutely no weights installed, but apparently not...

Balanced, refitted, still there.

Further investigation led me to check the wheel mating face and yup, sure enough the hub mounting face and spigot have been painted too.

Picking up a flap disk and flap wheel on the way home and will have to sort this one evening... Pain in the arse!

Soldato
Went out for an early morning (ish) drive to the Ashdown Forest in Sussex. Really am loving this Elise now I've done so much work to it.

zB4WoLah.jpg
ENztwOth.jpg
I'm not a fan of that road you're on for a drive, partiocularly in a car like my mx5 and your elise. If you go back towards wych cross and take a left just before the cross roads there are some nice bits down there :)

Associate
Not today, but Silverstone GP track day in the Elise last week.

Annoyingly, blew the expansion tank pressure cap and stopped in the first afternoon session. Actually had two spare ones in the boot (pretty much the only spare one I had with me!) so nipped out the circuit to get some de-ionised water and anti-freeze to top it back up once it had cooled off and all SEEMS fine. Took it home to give everything a check over rather than risk going back out though, just in case the heat had caused any additional problems.

Also because more likely to get away with calling the AA to 10 miles down the road than the paddock. ;)

Soldato
Saturday gave car a oil change and new filter - after that took off steel winter wheels and put on alloys - Today I cleaned it for first time in a few months - It still shines giving it is 8 years old.

Going to wash it again soon and use the clay mitt I bought a month or so ago then give it a polish.

413853885.jpg

Soldato
nice! that looks fun.

not far from either, good roads for a drive?

I'm not a fan of that road you're on for a drive, partiocularly in a car like my mx5 and your elise. If you go back towards wych cross and take a left just before the cross roads there are some nice bits down there :)

I think the Ashdown Forest would be better, but it was a bit foggy when I went, and I think you have to be properly dedicated to get up at the crack of dawn to avoid traffic - particularly if it's not right on your doorstep. In addition, it's a bit, wild-lifey for me. As I was heading back towards Crowborough I saw about 15 deer at the road side leaping over a fence back into the forest. There'd be no warning if they were going the other way so I'm not sure how advisable going quick would be. Plus there's a police training place round there too.

It's worth saying the picture location wasn't the road I was on very much at all, I was just looking for a good place to take some roadside pictures. I think there are roads as good as these in Kent & Sussex which are far less likely to have wildlife springing into your windscreen if I'm honest!

Caporegime
Was driving the Corolla back along the A27 at 70MPH officer, and the offside front arch liner decided it didn't want to be attached the car anymore... Its just totally gone, snapped all the clips cleanly and disappeared into the night. :p

Soldato
Way they're designed you might have some bumper damage too - especially the trailing edge of the front bumper, may have ripped the locator and attaching pin out of there, which also holds the front 'splitter' in place at the side.

Caporegime
Its fine... New arch liner on the way, and I have some spare clips. And I have cable ties..... :p

And the bumper is alright, it snapped the liner not the bumper fortunately. The locating screw where the bumper goes into the wing is broken though.

Permabanned
@Acme shoukd have seen how i ripped our all underside plastics in my DC2 was parjed on grass like field when we went to cheer my mate in Spartans run. Problem was i got in some hoke and ripped left side eherl arch plastic and ehoke undertray off.

I was like get arch in **** underyray only extra weight abd was on cable ties antmyway from soeedbumps and curbs haha.

Thinking about getting aluminium one for Zee thats bolted to chasis not crappy plastic that will get tipped off :p

Back
Top Bottom