My pics

Soldato
OP
Thanks guys! <3

Hiked to Sandwood bay this evening, what I consider to be one of the best beaches in the UK - however it's a 10 mile round hike, so there's hardly ever anyone where - which makes it great for photography, trying to make the best of gloomy stormy weather, incoming low front from the west made for some darker more moody shots, the water and sand in these areas has some amazing colours that come out great in longer exposures,

A7RIII, 16-35 GM, ISO 50, Lee 6 Stopper + 0.9 hard grad

I9tL2H1.jpg

fPx5ZWx.jpg

Associate
Great shots!
If was was really picky to the second photo I'd suggest to compose it so the foreground interest (those stones) slightly closer to the bottom right corner somehow to balance out the cliffs in the top left. Love the soft waves trace a lot though.

ps. just looked it up on the map, damn thats far! Jealous! The furthest I ever made it in Scotland to was the Isle of Skye. Was very tempted to get to the Isle of Harris but the weather was absolute crap so it never happened.

Soldato
OP
Had another crack at Sandwood bay tonight, nice sunset - spent ages climbing around in the dunes trying to find a spot, had the place to myself again which was nice :)

A7RIII, 16-35 GM, 6 Stopper + 0.9 hard grad

GpdFe7c.jpg

Soldato
OP
Thanks for the kind comments,

Been on the Isle of Harris for the past few days, just sat on the ferry at Stornoway waiting to set sail, ******* starving I wish they'd start serving food :p

Couple from my 2 day camping trip at Luskentyre beach (an amazing place)

Sony A7Riii - 16-35 GM

MKYCe2f.jpg

ynEP1Jp.jpg

Y3z49xk.jpg

G2mV6xe.jpg

Soldato
OP
Had a lazy bank holiday, went for a nice trip down to Bognor Regis (lol) never been there and it's only 30 miles south of here, a bit rough :p I quite liked the rocks on the sea defences though, I recently bought a tripod sling and a decent bag, so managed to haul my gear through endless hoards of drunken, ranting bald-headed lads onto the beach - which was actually quite nice, except for the ominous shadow of Butlins - which looks more like a concentration camp than a holiday resort :p

BZmhIFo.jpg

Soldato
OP
Just been going through some of my pics from Iceland last year, found a couple of alternate panos that I overlooked last year, really want to go back again - not sure I'll make it this year, but it was amazing in June. I think I might camp rather than pay insane money for hotels, it will also be way more convenient as I must have driven about 1000 miles going back and forth between hotels last time... Taking photographs from 9pm until 4am was pretty surreal..

iK6rMI6.jpg

pDJgE9M.jpg

AvRl3oK.jpg

Soldato
OP
What amazing scenery and it looks like the sand is all black - volcanic? How amazing. Was it cold? The clouds looks serenely hypnotic. Truly beautiful. It's definitely a place to see.

Yes the sand is black - it's amazing, it's volcanic, in June it wasn't that cold - I had a jacket on, maybe 7-8 degrees or so, (this was in June)

Soldato
Just been going through some of my pics from Iceland last year, found a couple of alternate panos that I overlooked last year, really want to go back again - not sure I'll make it this year, but it was amazing in June. I think I might camp rather than pay insane money for hotels, it will also be way more convenient as I must have driven about 1000 miles going back and forth between hotels last time... Taking photographs from 9pm until 4am was pretty surreal..

Amazing shots. I've always wanted to do a photography trip to Iceland - it looks absolutely breathtaking. Summer is a great idea too as I don't think I would deal with the winter there too well!

Soldato
OP
Amazing shots. I've always wanted to do a photography trip to Iceland - it looks absolutely breathtaking. Summer is a great idea too as I don't think I would deal with the winter there too well!

It won't disappoint - the only thing I would say, is that it does get very busy around stuff like the golden circle, lots of coaches which I avoid like the plague - if you travel east along the south coast road, there's just so much scenery, solid volcanic lava fields, amazing cliffs, mountains, waterfalls, glaciers, several lagoons full of icebergs but I would highly recommend getting a 4x4 as most of the internal roads are unimproved (rocks/dirty) and require river crossings, and there really is a lot to see.

Back
Top Bottom