8 Pack ram worth it over the this week only 3200mhz ram?

Soldato
im getting the 8700k + Asus ROG Maximus X Hero and trying to decide on the ram, as per question is the 8 pack ram(£210) worth it over the Vulcan t force (£156) both 3200mhz?
I will be doing some overclocking(try to get 5ghz, tho prob stick to 4.8/4.9ghz for daily use), tho I’m not an extreme overclocker.

Soldato
OP
Guess no one wants to upset 8 pack, I didn’t get an answer to this in the thread for the 8 pack ram a few days back either. Need an answe asap as the this week offer ends tomorrow morning/afternoon or whenever it is they update the offers.

Soldato
OP
Guess this can become irrelevant, just ordered Corsair Vengence lpx 3000mhz c15 for little under £300 from the Spanish rainforest.

Tho not sure about it as in product details it says CMK32GX4M2L3000C15

Soldato
Whilst I can't compare it to anything else as I've only had the 8Pack stuff. I'd say yes as it did what I needed. I have a Ryzen build so RAM can be a bit finnicky, 8Pack himself responded to me and said it would be fine, just buy, drop in and DOCP up to speeds and it did exactly that.

So, Yes you get better memory in terms of it being Samsung B-Die
Yes, it runs at the speeds it says it will
Yes, there is already great customer support behind the product
Yes, the warranty is done through Overclockers so it will be an easy process should it ever go wrong.

Soldato
I ran 8-packs 3200 kit at 4000hz on 8700k - got lucky on all counts - doesn't do to much in gaming, min frame rate is raised slightly which is great if your gaming 4k/60hz but workstation loads its nice

OcUK Staff
Ofcourse it's better!!
Samsung b die high bin ic
Tighter timings xmp
On Intel platform for sure the 3200mhz sticks can do 3733 and can often do 4000+
Very compatible even on difficult amd platforms with cheap motherboards.

Soldato
I swopped from Corsair vengeance 3200mhz 2*8gb to 3600mhz 2*8gb 8 pack ram.

I found the Corsair memory rather flakey even at stock speeds where the 8 pack memory just does what it says on the tin.
Will get round to overclocking it one day but at the moment I'm happy with how it runs.
Plus it looks good

Associate
Ofcourse it's better!!
Samsung b die high bin ic
Tighter timings xmp
On Intel platform for sure the 3200mhz sticks can do 3733 and can often do 4000+
Very compatible even on difficult amd platforms with cheap motherboards.

It's great stuff! Well done dude!

Permabanned
it depends on the use, budget 3200mhz is just a good as super fast 3200mhz deepening on its use.

are you gaming, video editing, benching, internet shopping or just watching films. you need to buy the parts that suit your needs.

Associate
I think what you bought is just fine. Tests show there is very little difference between what you bought and similar RAM to the 8pack. I am pretty sure I have some of that Corsair memory somewhere and it well exceeds it's own XMP profile.

Associate
All these positive reviews of the 8pack making me really want to downgrade from 32gb to some of this! (Hoping the speed diff 2400 > 3200 would offset the missing 16gb haha)

Associate
gutted :(

ordered another pack of this ram , delivered tuesday and today its on this week only with £20 off .

its great memory , but wish i'd have waited.
could this be returned and re ordered again so i can get the saving as its not even been opened yet as i cant start the build till friday ?

Associate
gutted :(

ordered another pack of this ram , delivered tuesday and today its on this week only with £20 off .

its great memory , but wish i'd have waited.
could this be returned and re ordered again so i can get the saving as its not even been opened yet as i cant start the build till friday ?

I would give them a call or email and see if they can help you out, be far less hassle for them to just give you the money.

Back
Top Bottom