God of War 4

Soldato
The opening 30 minutes of GOW3 is unbelievable.

No respite, no nothing, straight into an epic fight against Poseidon.

Every god fight is memorable.

My personal favourite? Perhaps Hercules......the ending is brutal.

Soldato
I do wonder what it will be like to return to the older games once we have played this evolution of the franchise. May be better to just hold them in fond memory

Soldato
God of war 3 was one epic set piece after another and the best in the series for me was just relentless, the scale was brilliant and I loved it but the gameplay/formula was growing stale. The new one looks brilliant and I can't wait to play it.

Associate
Do we know why this is still unavailable on Amazon?

Some gaming news websites have picked up on this and it seems likely there is some issue between Amazon and Sony / Distributors

Apparently this is happening with other first party games (Spiderman, Detroit) and is also effecting Amazon US.

Some people who have pre-ordered already saying that they may still have their order fulfilled.

If you really want it, it sounds like its best to get it from another retailer or shell out for digital

Soldato
God of war 3 was one epic set piece after another and the best in the series for me was just relentless, the scale was brilliant and I loved it but the gameplay/formula was growing stale. The new one looks brilliant and I can't wait to play it.
Yea I agree the gameplay did begin to tire. Wish they didn't do Ascension, it was so unnecessary

Soldato
Is it required to play all the previous game (not to understand 4) but to just enjoy the series or can you just play 1, 2 and 3 and be done with it?

I would say 1 to 3 is spot on. To be honest the 2 psp ones were originally just that, so released to a limited audience etc though eventually ported to ps3 as a collection. One was a prequel and another was spliced in between 1 and 2 (I think).

I refreshed with a quick video on YouTube and the content of the story from the spin offs didn't seem essential to me. Plus the story hasn't really been the focus before, not compared to the new one anyway.

Back
Top Bottom