Lost In Space - Netflix reboot

Associate
episode 6 now , it started good now its beginning to grate , the father son combo ( same coats ..weird) are proper winding me up

Associate
Finished it this morning. I enjoyed it. Can't wait for season two.

I thought that it was doubtful there would be a season 2?

Pretty good series though, but don't forget that the original was made back in around 1967: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0058824/ so it's interesting to see the character changes from then to now, but I think "overall" a fantastic and well written first season and hope there will be a second. Oh don't forget that The 100 is on Netflix at the end of this month (I think).

Soldato
Finished it last night. Didn't hate it, didn't think it was great either, but still watchable. Personally enjoyed the pacing of the final couple of episodes, and leaves enough open for a season 2, which I hope they do.

I'll cross my fingers for some slightly better writing though!

Soldato
I liked it but I try to imagine it as a new show and not lost in space, that way I don't compare it too much as it's not really that similar except for the family bit.

The film was better tho.

This series could have been a film as there's a lot of fluff in and probably could have been compressed into a few hours of a film.

Couldn't stand the boy in it tho, right little bleeder I reckon when it came to the robot. And the robot being a servent was really boring I wish he had more going on with him other than if you save me I'll be ur play thing. Stupid just stupid.

Soldato
Finished watching this this yesterday. I enjoyed it. Sure there are lots of flaws and bad writing, but, it kept my attention for the whole series and I hope there is a season 2. Want to see what happens next and maybe the writing will improve too.

Man of Honour
lol, it was better than the movie with Matt Le Blanc :p

I am up to episode 5 and so far I would disagree with you. The writing is pretty poor and so far the concept of this planet is pretty poor too. So far it feels more like Eastenders than a sci-fi flick. Not saying I haven't enjoyed these episodes, I am just not as hooked as I hoped.

Season 2 has been confirmed right?

Soldato
5 episodes in and I dislike every character.

I got to 4 episodes and have quit.
The writing is awful, the family annoying, the robot is just 'awkward' and there is nothing interesting happening. Have to wonder who designed that robot and thought its a great addition?

The worst bit is the whole Doc Z casting and back story. The casting and portrayal is woeful, the actress is just terrible and the lore of the character is puke worthy and plain irritating.

Think Netflix have missed the mark widely on this one which is pretty rare thankfully and I suspect there won't be a season 2.

SPG

SPG

Soldato
It was terrible the first time around, then the movie was terrible and now we have.....

Terrible again.

Man of Honour
I really lost momentum on this one around episode 7 - don't find it as bad as some people above but certain characters are tedious when they get any screen time and the writing has descended into a sequence of very predictable uninteresting scenarios while not exploiting the potential of the setting as much as I'd like.

Some aspects of it I find quite interesting though as sci-fi goes in general it isn't too bad.

Soldato
The robot is just 'awkward' and there is nothing interesting happening. Have to wonder who designed that robot and thought its a great addition?
There is a lack of back story for the robot and what little there was (ep09) points to them being intelligent beings. So why did they have no free will and just ordered about like a slave

fez

fez

Caporegime
I struggled to make it through this. I don't think I have ever disliked a character as much as Dr Smith and that is really saying something considering people like Ramsey Bolton etc.

I am happy to have nasty characters in shows but something about the actress and the character was just utterly utterly nasty. I genuinely nearly stopped watching just because of her.

Other than that it was OK. Quite slow, not massively exciting and entirely ridiculous most of the time.

Back
Top Bottom